For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Pet peeve - everybody has one

stormy

Mine would have to be turning the power off to the kettle at the wall. And turning off the power to the toaster at the wall.

Every morning i come down the stairs to make tea, turn on the kettle and go to ti toilet. I return to the kettle, and the power is off =| It drives me nuts!

I do not like people who feel the need to talk really loud in public, especially when they are talking on a cell phone. Their conversation doesn't need to be the center of everyone else's attention.

For the most part I'm a very laid back person.  Not much rattles me really...but...But...dishonesty and injustice!  When I see people mistreated by others for no real reason really bothers me.  Especially when they feel they must make up stories about the person or people they're picking on.  Lies, those are a biggie too.  When local governments lie to their citizens it bothers me greatly.  Not a whole lot you can do about that unless you're willing to do some investigating and come up with facts to expose them...which sometimes and in some circumstances is well worth the time.  I could go on...but I think you all get my drift here!

I would say that my bad habit is not being able to pay attention when somebody is speaking directly to my face. I just seem to drift off and block out the person who is talking to me. I have absolutely no idea why this happens. In some cases, this may actually be considered a useful skill to have when someone like a boss is nagging at you. However, I have never been able to use this in a positive way and always miss something important that the person is saying and end up suffering.

I cant stand suburbanites who always mow their lawns even in a drought. Or tear down 100 year old fruit trees because they think they are messy and plant nasty Cedar trees.

I cant stand people who have arguments and fist fights in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

I hate  the smell of beer.

julie

My biggest pet peeve are know-it-alls.  I simply cannot deal with a person who believes they are never wrong.  I also have trouble with kiss-ups, even if it is me that they are kissing up to.  Unless they bring me food, I like anyone who brings me food. 

I would say people with a lack of common sense also makes me slightly mad.  For example I always see people try to push a door when you are supposed to pull, and their is a huge sign on the door with a label saying, "Pull."  I can't say much though, sometimes I pull a door when I am supposed to push because I've got other things to do then think about opening and closing doors all the time.

I hate it when people ask someone else to ask me something even when they can ask me themselves. I hate it even more when they ask someone who's closer to me than they are. It makes me feel like they're just using my friend to make sure I respond positively.

My pet peeves are lack of common sense and people who do not use their turn signals, which actually goes in the first catagory.

I have a few pet peeves that the hub does over and over, but I just deal with them because reminders do no good.  He does so much other wonderful stuff, that they really are insignificant in the big picture.

• 3 weeks later...

It used to be my downstairs neighbours, who frequently had too much to drink and held 3am karaoke contests - with the local council's inability to do anything about the noise coming in at a close second.  >:(

I'm glad I have moved house!

I have quite a few. I go ballistics when someone borrows my precious books and doesn't return them. I even hate it when people don't use deodorants and insist on going around with stinking armpits. I have many more, but the list may be endless. I have only mentioned two of the best pet peeves.  :)

Oh I hate poor table manners. When people eat with their mouths open it really makes me want to heave!

I also hate people with bad driving skills, such as getting in the wrong lane and then cutting me up, or driving 40 in a 60 zone. Or braking for no reason.

I also hate it when I am at an ATM and the next person doesn't give me any space, literally breathing down my neck!

• 1 month later...

I have several pet peeves. The one that gets me going is when people drive slow in the fast lane. UGH I know you are not in a hurry but can you move it on over for those who are. Also, if I'm going around you, why speed up? Why can't you just let me pass and you can continue to go slow in the fast lane? And don't give me a dirty look when I pass you. There is nothing in the driving books that says I have to stay behind you. I can go on and on all day about the way people drive. Well, I can feel my blood pressure starting to rise so it's time for me to end it.

I have many pet peeves as I am a very opinionated person most of the time.  As I don't want to write a book at the moment, I will just focus on one that has been really grating on my last nerve this week.  My top pet peeve right at this moment is the whiners out there who refuse to take any responsibility for their own actions. 

For example, people complaining about the bank charging them an overdraft fee because they used their debit card before their check went through - "shouldn't they just refuse the charge?".  Hello, people - it's called BALANCING your checkbook and guess what?  That's YOUR job, not the bank's.

My two biggest pet peeves are negative people, the ones who are constantly whining about every little thing, and parents who don't have the sense to supervise their own children. I have 5, and I can manage to keep them under control, so why are there so many people who cannot watch one? Just last week, I was at the park and had to take a screaming child to his mother because she was to busy talking on the phone to see her child fall off the swing, or hear him screaming!

I could go off on a bit of a rant here, but I will try to control myself!

I have a lot of pet peeves, bad manner being the first. I also detest people that tell lies and people that poke fun at others in a hurtful manner.I hate people who are inconsiderate and bullish too.

Okay, I will stop now before I get carried away!

When you are on the road and the driver in the car ahead of you comes to a dead stop suddenly, then turns on their turn signal and slowly makes their turn. This is not to uncommon in Arizona.

There are two things that make me cringe and want to slap someone:

I HATE it when people crunch candy next to my ear, especially jaw-breakers.

I also dislike when people file away at there nails near me, as the sound makes me literally freak out

• 2 weeks later...

You bet everyone has "at least" one, my biggest one at home is my pillows. Does anyone else get grossed out when someone else sleeps on or uses their pillow?  This is so rude, get your own.  I have to sleep on that with my face on the same place you may have drooled.

As for the general public, it would have to be the Commandment: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you", or the lack of following it.  If you wouldn't like it done to you then don't do it to someone else!  This follows everyones pet peeves, like slowing up the checkstand line, don't do it if you don't like it done to you. 

If everyone went back to, or started, living along those guidelines, we would be so much more at peace with each other. :)

If I had to narrow it down to one :-) I'd have to choose ignorant people. Not just any ignorant person, but the ones who you know are smart enough to understand and just too lazy or flippant to want to figure it out.

I can't stand someone snoring while sleeping in a public transportation when riding a bus, especially if that person happens to sit beside me! I don't know why, it irritates me that much. Another pet peeve is to hear someone laugh loudly while inside the private library - supposedly people who came to the place to study or read should remain silent so as not to disturb other people.