For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Do you defy your gender assumptions?

MissScribe

Okay, I'm a girlie and don't know one end of a vehicle to the other - as long as a car has 4 wheels and gets me from A to B, I'm perfectly happy.  However, most men I know can talk for hours about makes/models of car, engine capacity, flux capacitors  :-X etc!

However, I'm great at multi-tasking but my husband can't do more than one thing at a time or he gets confuddled.

So, there are two gender 'assumptions' which tick the boxes i.e. men are usually better with cars than women and women can do more than one thing at a time whereas men can't  :)

But are you able to do something which is usually assumed to be the role or talent of the opposite sex?  If so, what is it?

;D

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really good with tools. I have always been one to help my dad around the house. I even installed the pantry shelves on my own when I was 14 years old. I don't think that's something that's generally expected of women, so I suppose it counts.

• 2 months later...

Haha, when you asked the question in the title, I thought my answer would be "no", but it's not after all. For one thing, I like cars, but I like to look at them, not to find out their specs. I can't tell whether 75 bhp @ 6300 rpm is better or 95 bhp @ 9600 rpm. In fact, I don't even know what power and what rotations are being measured! I like to look at car design instead, which is basically a visual treat, something that can be associated with women too.

I can multi-task (generally), but if I'm doing something important or something that I like doing, then I'd rather just focus on that one thing.

I'm also a very good friend, an agony uncle of sorts for most of my friends. I can be tremendously emotional at time, and I like giving out hugs, if anyone will have one. :)