For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Gas Prices, will they ever get back to reasonable?

Lisa

The gas prices here where I live, went up 10cents over night! So seeing that and hearing that I thought that I would get everyone's input on this. Does anyone else think that they are just going a little over board with the price of gas? I had a pick up that I bought a few months ago, needless to say I couldn't afford the gas in it because for half a tank it was $40 and that didn't even last a week! I didn't go out running around either, I just did my weekly wal-mart trips. Or went out to get the kids from there activities etc. Now that school is out and things have calmed down, we sold our vehicle. I can't afford to dish out $4 a gallon! I would rather take the bus or walk! And that is what were doing. I am paying all the bills I can online and I am walking to the stores that I can to do shopping and riding the bus to all the others if I need to get out. Its just ridiculous that the gas has gone up this much!!

The simple answer is...

No.

Unfortunately, oil companies are making more money than ever on these gas prices.  Don't listen to reports about "high global demand", as we have seen this coming for a long time.  Instead of preparing, they have been "short" and thus creating a need for oil around the world.  With this, they can raise the prices to all-time highs with little official opposition.  Sure, we might not like it, but we have to drive, so they have us by the throat.

We humans are slowly using up all the fossil fuels of the earth. This makes all fuel even more expensive.

Petrol will also treble in price in a few years.

We have all got to recycle. :'(

Here in California, the gas price went up from 3.80 to 4.56 in a matter of weeks.

I 'm starting to wonder if I should call my dad and ask for my childhood bicycle back, because at this rate, I'll be walking to work.

I was reading yesterday that gas prices are going to continue to rise well into 2009.  So we just need to limit our outings, car pool, or whatever we can not to go to the gas station often.

• 2 weeks later...

What I really dislike is when I go to the local Mobile station. There is an AMPM right across the street, and even when the price is a matter of 2 to 3 cents, AMPM is always full of people. Mobile is empty because it's a couple cents more. People are willing to suffer and get behind three to four cars to save less than a dollar!