For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Horror movies-what's your favorite?

sani

I love watching horror movies, even B class horror films that are mediocre on plot but may have a surprise twist ending.

Recently I watched DEAD SILENCE. I like it for its gothic spooky elements. It had frightening scenes and the dolls looked incredibly creepy. The atmosphere was intense. This is a well made movie with a scary effect. It will appeal to those who like eerie fiction and not too much gore.

'The Shining' scared the heck out of me totally because of the psychological horror elements- that is the best sort, the horror of the mind. Whenever there is a snowstorm and being alone at home makes me remember that movie.

"Misery' is based on a novel by shock author Stephen King. This movie has a claustrophobic setting with dark humor. It leaves you on the edge of your seat because you don't know whether to laugh or cry. The storyline isn't a conventional horror, but an intense thriller with a backdrop of sadistic terror.

I have to say for an old movie, it was ahead of its time.

• 2 months later...

I am a huge fan of Stephen King and always have been since a small child. Can we say older siblings that loved to have me watch scary movies? If I could pick his mind to see how he comes up with some of the things he does, I would. I think second to him would have to be Stuart Wilde, some of his things are just out there as well. And the third would be Hunter S. Thompson, very twisted man.

Psychological thrillers such as "Misery" and "Silence of the Lambs" are my favorites.

I enjoy Hitchcock tremendously.  He is definitely my favorite.  I appreciate his wit, his light touch on humor, the insanity, and the enjoyment he himself has from getting frightened as well by the stories.

I can watch "Rear Window" over and over again.  He takes a man, alone in his apartment with a broken leg, and the entire movie is from that perspective.  His rear window.  Of course I know the ending but I don't mind.  It keeps me entranced throughout.

Although it's not really too much of a "horror movie" so much as it is a "suspense thriller", I suppose you can say... I personally really enjoyed the Saw movies. The amount of thought put into designing some of the traps as well as the storyline altogether is absolutely brilliant, and all of them are extremely entertaining to watch.

Last night I watched a movie called Artefacts, while it was not really horror it was a little on the odd side. At the start I was thinking dopplegangers but a bit into the movie realized its along those lines but also something far more insane.

A guy on the IMDB said it was a horrible film but I watched it and actually found it to be quite refreshing in concept and delivery. So many horror movies I watch end up being the same old thing over and over again. Not this one. I liked it.

I watched Doomsday last night and it was okay but still a little too long to get to some of the good parts but had a good idea behind the movie (bit different than most out there). I still think that Malcolm McDowell could have been a bit more on the sinister side, but I still love just about anything that man does. And who could forget A Clockwork Orange. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Farenheit 451 was one of the scariest movies I've ever seen.  The scariest part was the control the government had over Everything!  I fear that most of all and think about that from time to time when some legislation is passed that I fear may infringe upon one of our freedoms.  It may yet come to pass.

I still like older and I am still a Hitchcock fan though I will watch anything once (even the new not so really horror movies they have now). Here is a short list of some that stand out for me.

The Birds

The Invisible Man

The Exorcist

The House on Haunted Hill

The Phantom of the Opera

I have been reading up on another called Der Student von Prag (the Prague student I think) and I am trying to find it online at a decent price with shipping. It looks quite interesting. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a real horror-movie fan! I just love to sit in the living room in darkness with a candle burning and watch really scary films.

Some of my favorites include:

Wolf Creek

The Shining

The Grudge

Happy Birthday to Me

Not really horror (more slasher/gore-fest), but enjoyed them anyway:

Saw I, II, III

• 2 weeks later...

I still like older and I am still a Hitchcock fan though I will watch anything once (even the new not so really horror movies they have now). Here is a short list of some that stand out for me.

The Birds

The Invisible Man

The Exorcist

The House on Haunted Hill

The Phantom of the Opera

I have been reading up on another called Der Student von Prag (the Prague student I think) and I am trying to find it online at a decent price with shipping. It looks quite interesting. :)

Oh my gosh!  The Birds-I had forgotten about that one!  It scared the daylights out of me when I first saw it as a child.  The very idea of nature turning on you and the animals you normally hunt coming after you was horrifying. 

Has anyone seen The Happening?  This is along the same lines as The Birds.  A very disturbing movie.  It was one that made you stop and think about what we do to the environment.  Remember the commercial from long ago "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature."  She may be turning around to bite us after all we have done to her.