For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Comedy Movies

sani

Do you like watching comedy films? What comedy movies can you recommend?

I have to say that ‘Mr and Mrs Smith’ had me in stitches. The pace was a bit slow in the beginning but the plot picked up with superb satire and spoof on marriage life per se.  I laughed all the way through the film and there was plenty of action along with incredible stunts. This is for sure a fun movie you won’t want to miss.  For English comedies I’ll recommend  ‘Mr. Bean’ and ‘St. Tinian’s’. 

• 2 months later...

There are so many to choose from!  There are comedy genres within comedy movies.  Romantic comedies, drama-comedies, adventure, spoofs, physical comedy, dry humor...and I'm sure others I haven't thought of.

I recently saw "Keeping Mum", a British film starring Dame Maggie Smith and the actor well known as "Mr. Bean" (can't remember his name at the moment).  It was dry and disturbing but I smiled all the way through.

I enjoy everything from Monty Python to Anger Manageent to The Princess Bride.  Romantic comedies such as Bridget Jones' Diary and Love Actually I'm content to watch over and over. 

My favorite movie, #1 amongst many I enjoy, is Star Wars.  (The original, untampered with 1977 movie before it was "A New Hope".)  Not a comedy per se, but a wonderful combination of the amusing and the adventurous.

The last funny movie I saw was "Mamma Mia" and it had me doubling over in laughter!  Meryl Streep has just added another reason for me to respect her as an actress. Is there anything that this lady cannot do?

And what about Pierce Brosnan?  Even if I wished he had the voice of Hugh Jackman --- I just had to overlook the lack of vocal prowess due to his handsomeness. Some people age very very well.

Ooooh yes, Pierce Brosnan is delicious.

Mr Bean is played by Rowan Atkinson. I adored his TV series Blackadder but I can't stand Mr Bean.

My favourite comedy film is The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Tim Curry in fishnet stockings, Meatloaf and a teddy bear and "The Time Warp"........brilliant! :D

Just as some will never fully understand Mr Bean and that character, many will not follow the RHPS. I know many people that have no idea what others say when the words "Time Warp" are mentioned, or if someone breaks out in the dance. I will watch almost anything but for something that I don't really care for are war movies and westerns (not that I don't appreciate them, I just don't prefer to watch them).