For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

My Pets Are Driving Me Crazy!

tboyd79

I love my cats and my dog, but sometimes they want so much attention. I'm not usually one to complain about distractions, but one of my cats has meowed at me literally hundreds of times today, and it's becoming like nails on a chalkboard. She has everything she needs like food, she just wants constant attention. I feel a little bad, but I have to live my life too!  :(

• Like 1

Pets, like children, can be hard work. That's why we no longer have any. When the children left home we decided not to take on any more pets because we needed some "us" time! :)

I've always thought of my pets as my children, and love them as such.  My little white toy Poodle, Casper, died several years ago, and it just about broke my heart.  I swore right then and there that I would never have another dog, and to this day, I haven't.  I just can't go through that again.

We have three pets - two dogs and a cat - and while they're "ok," I wouldn't really be heartbroken if we didn't have them. My family knows I'm not a big dog person, for sure!

I agree that pets are somewhat like children. I guess they deserve to have their good and bad days too. Today my cat has been very well behaved and content. She must have just needed some extra love yesterday.  :P

Wim, I'm so sorry to hear about Casper. That must have been awful. I've had to go through losing a couple cats, and it was very tough. I have my first dog currently, he is an adorable and sweet little Pomeranian named Willie. It's hard sometimes to think that I will most likely outlive him. I know that when he passes it is going to be devastating. I will do my best to cherish the time I have with him and my cats. I guess that's all we can do. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, my zoo often drives me crazy. There are two cats always looking to trip me up, one constantly batting at me and meowing loudly, two dogs vying for attention, and an African Grey Parrot who begs all day long to take a shower with me. Story of my life!

I too have 2 cats and I do love them to pieces.  They drive me bonkers everyday but when they are not underfoot and meowing I wonder what is wrong with them.  We almost lost both of them so they are extra special.

Fattycat has some odd urinary tract problem and crystals.  He spent over a week at the Vet's office with a catheter, he is now on a special diet.  He chases any insect he can find, kills it and eats it.  I keep telling him that insects are not in his diet.

Midnight (Moo) was hit in the road but thankfully only by the muffler and it just scared him.

We have had 3 other cats hit in the road (each of them was very special to us).  Our 2 cats are now strictly indoor cats.

I also have 1 dog, Carmen (boxer).  She is a great dog but she is getting up there in age.  She loves attention and she loves to do tricks.  She does not bark a lot but she is always right there where ever we are.

Yes, our animals may drive us crazy but they are special too.

Um. It turns out we apparently have two pets - both dogs. Our cat got out in the road overnight last night and won't be coming home anymore. :(

Perfect 7 and Wim, I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  It is devasting.  Been down that road and am very familiar with that journey.  But after the loss, we do go and get another dog.  For me it has been Boston Terriers.  Each one was so very special, and the next Boston was never the same, but each brought so much joy into our lives, I really cherish each one.  At the moment, our furbabies consists of one Boston Terrier, and 2 horses.

Perfect7 I am also so sorry to hear this. When I started this thread, I was simply having a bad day, I love my cats and dog dearly. Losing a pet is like losing a family member, it is extremely sad and difficult to go through.