For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

HypnoBabies

spacelover8126

Have any of the mothers on here tried HypnoBabies for an unmedicated birth?  I just started the home study course and it's been very interesting.

I have not tried Hypnobabies, but I know several mamas who have. It gets great reviews from mothers who've used it. Some people have more success with it then others. But it seems to help on some level for most all who use the system.

A doula is a great investment for pain management during birth, also.

Hi! I used Hypnobirth with my last delivery (2 years ago). I can tell you about my experience.

First of all, this was my 5th child and my previous 4 deliveries had been stressful and disappointing. I delivered at hospitals each time and their protocol just made me miserable. I wanted to do home birth for this last one but it just didn't happen.

Anyway, I found out about the hypnosis when I was about 6-7 months along but after reading about the positive experience of it, I started right away. I didn't purchase a full program. Instead, what I did was search itunes, Amazon and other websites for hypnosis mp3s and there are actually a lot out there. Hypnobabies has some free sessions that I used and I found some really good tracks on Amazon. Itunes has some great free podcasts for general pain management and relaxation.

So I just downloaded about 20 that I liked onto my Shuffle (along with some rain sounds, ocean, chimes and other relaxing noises) and every evening I would lay down and play it until I fell asleep.

When I went into labor I listened to my Shuffle the whole way through (up until the actual birth). I also had hard candy because I read from one doctor that it's important to keep your mouth moist. You get a dry mouth when you're stressed and it adds to your pain somehow. I also had 2 small plastic combs to keep in my hands for accupressure on my palms.

Anyway, with all of this, I was able to stay extremely relaxed through the whole process--which wasn't easy! I went through most of my labor at home (about 8 hours total) and was even able to take a nap before I finally went the the hospital.

And, of course, they did all the stuff that brought my stress up before--the IV (getting it wrong twice--of course), making me lay on my back (hated that) moving me around, etc....

But with my hypno tracks, I was able to meditate and relax my body. Every time a contraction came on I practiced getting more and more relaxed, keeping my eyes closed and breathing slow, deep breaths. No panting this time!

I was so relaxed that the nurse actually believed that my labor had stalled and she told my doctors that my contractions had stopped...she couldn't tell when I was having them because I remained relaxed.

So...he wanted to put me on a pic drip and get me ready for a C-section. I couldn't believe it!! I said, "No way, I AM having contractions!" But he actually stood right there and argued with me! Giving me an ultimatum.

He said, "I'll be back in 10 minutes for your decision"  I didn't respond. I didn't want to lose my focus. I just closed my eyes and went back to my relaxation techniques. He stormed out.

In 10 minutes I gave birth to my baby girl :-)  He had to race back in and barely made it in time to catch her. The nurses were smirking at him. One said, "Yep, momma knows best." Later she told me she had never seen such a controlled, relaxed labor.

All in all, aside from the doctor's intervention, it was a good experience. I would recommend this route to anyone planning a natural delivery.

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting! I haven't tried the hypnosis route, but I have had one unmedicated birth with the help of low tones. I'm hoping that, if I have any more, that I will be able to repeat the experience.

I wish my daughter had tried that. She was in labour so long that they had to intervene and give her an emergency c section and, of course, her next baby was delivered the same way.

I hired a doula as well. :)  Thank you for sharing your experience, jomalo!

Silva, my daughter's birth was a c-section that was directly caused by the doctor's interventions.  Needless to say, this was an issue for me.  I am attempting a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) with a new doctor this time and hope I will be successful.

Good luck to everyone having a baby. I had my last one 29 years ago and had only gas and air. I had an easy delivery and I cherish the memory.