For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Cats With Prey

buddys

I have a little hunter on my hands. He likes to try to "feed" us by bringing us things like moles, mice, frogs, and unfortunately, snakes. The other day I had the door open to enjoy the sunshine and he walked in. Before I realized what he was carrying, he dropped it and whatever it was ran under some heavy furniture. I have no idea what he brought to me. He tried to catch it, but it was inaccessible in an instant. While I appreciate the sentiment behind these "gifts", I do wish he would change to things from the local market.  :D

One of the cats I used to have would hunt rabbits.  Just about every summer evening I was treated to high pitched yelping from the poor little bunnies.

I had a cat when we lived in town that liked to get into the neighbors' basements if they left their windows open. One day we came home to find he had somehow gotten a large guinea pig!

I watch a local cat from our window and every morning he walks past towards the fields then later in the day returns, always with something in his mouth. No doubt his owners are also the recipients of little presents!

When my husband was out of town for several months for work, my cat started bringing us presents. Every single weekend she brought us a tiny vole. Yuck! She would also bring whatever random gift she came by, like a live baby bunny and even a live baby snake.

Once my husband came home, she stopped bringing us a vole every week. She had just been doing her part to help out the family while the breadwinner was gone. :)

Well, I did find out what our cat brought us. I heard a scream from the kitchen and I went to investigate. I found my wife, who was getting brown sugar from our pantry, looking down at the floor. I asked her what was wrong and she said she had found Freddie's little present. In the floor was a dead, juvenile, five line skink with it's tail chewed off. Evidently it lingered, badly injured, in our kitchen for some time because it was still pliable and hadn't stiffened in death yet. Poor thing. I gave it a dignified burial, in the trash can.

Oh my stars, what a 'nice' present to find! (not!) Cats can bring home the darndest things can't they? I do hate seeing some of the ones they bring, like birds and squirrels but that is just the nature of the cat I guess.

Cats can bring home the darndest things can't they? I do hate seeing some of the ones they bring, like birds and squirrels but that is just the nature of the cat I guess.

I believe they like fish too! :D