For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Why is healthy eating so difficult?

Perfect7

I want to eat healthy, but still find myself downing carbonated beverages, sweets, and fried foods. Why on earth is it so hard to eat proper foods?

• Like 1

I really can't answer that for you... I guess it's safe to assume that they have assimilated themselves so far into our culture that it is hard to resist them. I suggest you just start buying healthier foods, and limit a big dessert to once per week. I actually enjoy the taste of whole wheat pasta/bread over white pasta/bread, for example.

The trouble is that the people who tell us what to eat keep changing their minds about what is good for us and what is not!

It doesn't help that we are wired to prefer high calorie, high sugar foods.  This was an evolutionary advantage at one time, when the next meal wasn't guaranteed, but now it works against us.

I've already found that I prefer whole wheat to white. I've eaten whole wheat so long now that white just tastes gummy. Buying healthier would definitely make it easier!

I have been doing alot research of the subject lately, and one thing I have found out is that many of the foods that I thought were unhealthy for you are actually healthy!  What is more interesting, is that many of the foods you eat, that you think are healthy, which are found very often in "healthy" labeled foods are actually causing you to NOT lose weight!  In fact, some of the additives in your food are doing just that - addicting you to food! The road to nutrition has been quite a journey!

Yes, unprocessed ("from scratch") is nearly ALWAYS more healthy than the storebought alternatives. Some of the additives we avoid include Red 40, refined white flour, aspartame, acesulfame potassium (K), and the like. It is incredible how many things contain these and other detrimental additives!

Yes, unprocessed ("from scratch") is nearly ALWAYS more healthy than the storebought alternatives. Some of the additives we avoid include Red 40, refined white flour, aspartame, acesulfame potassium (K), and the like. It is incredible how many things contain these and other detrimental additives!

Well, the option with aspartame is either that or regular sugar. Regular sugar will cause an insulin release which will then likely simply go to your fat stores rather than provide you with any energy unless you are eating that sugar after a hard workout, or early in the morning.

Another important thing I think sunshine hit on is fats. People think fats are the enemy. This couldn't be farther from the truth. All fats other than trans fat belongs in everyone's diet. Fat doesn't inherently make you fat. Fat comes from being over in calories.