For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Neighborly Nightmares

Guest trader1499

Guest trader1499

My wife and I use to have an old couple living next to us in an apartment a little while back. I was working 3rd shift at the time so of course I stayed up all night every night.  Anyhow it was a night off, and I was on the computer while my wife was sleeping.  About 5am I went to use the bathroom and noticed the carpet was wet.  I couldn't figure it out at first because this hallway was in the middle of the apartment. I went to the other bathroom which was on the other side of this hallway through a huge walk in closet. The floor was even worse, it was completely soaked. I went through to the bathroom and heard water running.  I thought it was a pipe or something.  I went outside to see if I could hear through the neighbors bathroom window since it was right next to mine.  I hear the shower running. Their light was even on in the bathroom.  I banged on their door and no one answered.  I thought something happened to them as they were both very old.

So next I had to deal with trying to communicate with the security guard who didn't speak English at all because we lived in Miami!  So finally someone drove though the gate that spoke some english and we were able to get the emergency maintenence number from the guard.  Needless to say, "emergency maintenence" wasn't picking up the phone of course.

So we called the police.  Now we had 4 police cars their banging on these peoples door and window with their keys. Finally the old man came out in his kitchen. After the police got the kitchen window open.  I bet he was scared thinking people were breaking in.  Anyways, so they left their shower on and flooded our place very badly and we had to have someone come out to shampoo the carpet and such so it wouldn't stink.

The sad part was it happened again from this same apartment.

Thats a pretty sad story. I live on the top floor of a condominium. We had a pipe break and the downstairs neighbors had 1FT of water in their condo. The best part is that they were on vacation and I was unable to help them. I called my landlord who was eventually able to make contact with them. They of course thought it was all my fault.....

Neighbors, what are you going to do with them! >:(

Neighbors can be a big pain in the butt sometimes. One of my neighbors tends to play loud music late at night very loudly. Several people have called the police on him but it does not seem to help. He pays the fine and forgets about it. The next time he gets drunk he will do it again. I wish the landlord would make him move but he is to interested in the money he is making.