For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

The Space Shuttle Program is Over

spacelover8126

I was startled awake this morning by the twin sonic booms as the space shuttle Atlantis streaked overhead to the landing strip, marking the end of the 30 year shuttle program.

It's a pretty bittersweet day around here.

I watched live on the Nasa website when it lifted off into space for the last time. It was very poignant, especially for someone as old as me who remembers the excitement of the early days.

It is so hard to believe it is an end of an era!  Silva, you described the feeling so well!  So much history, I still can't believe it is over.... Houston we have lift off!  Words that will always touch my heart. 

I watched live on the Nasa website when it lifted off into space for the last time. It was very poignant, especially for someone as old as me who remembers the excitement of the early days.

Yes, it was odd watching it launch (I had a pass so I was very close), knowing I would never see that again.  Of course, my daughter was frightened by the noise and so that distracted me from the moment. ;)

I didn't realize that was today! It is rather sad. My father-in-law was an engineer on the Apollo missions, so the space program played an important part in my family's life.