For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Home Improvement

TerryMB

I'm deciding whether to close off my kitchen with louvered doors or a wall with only one entrance. As it is now it has two entrances, both are from the same room around the corner from each other. Someone also suggested that I hang a beaded curtain but my cat would tear it down. Has anyone done something like this before? Do you think I should leave it as is for air flow? I do have a fan in the kitchen.

My personal preference is open plan although we can't have that in our house because of where our boiler is situated. We did remove the door between the kitchen and living room, so I'd leave it open if I were you.

Honestly, you might prefer to leave it an open plan right now.  One thing I do like about the flow plan of our home is that the kitchen is near 3 rooms.  By having an open floor plan, when company is over you can still be in the kitchen, but not away from your guests.  Just my humble opinion.

I definitely prefer open, myself. My kitchen and living room are one big room, and I would dislike having it all closed off. It's hard to say, though, without seeing how yours is set up.