For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

What's your favorite pet?

buddys

We have 5 dogs and one cat (poor baby). 

We used to have three red earred slider turtles that I loved.  We finally had to get rid of the little guys when they grew up to be BIG guys and outgrew every fish tank I had.  I've even considered iguanas but everyone else says, and I quote "EWWWWWWWWW".

Growing up I had chickens, birds, lizards, fish, dogs, cats, ponies, horses, goats, cows, pigs, etc. and etc.

All of which, unfortunately in some cases, I considered as pets, much to my parents chagrin.  Imagine dealing with a 10 year old who had adopted the family cow (bought to raise and slaughter) as a rather large pet dog.

Even with some of the adoption failures I had I still loved each and every animal that came into contact with a very tactile youngster.

Well, anyway, what's your favorite and give some details about the pet in question.

Thanks! ;)

My favorite pet is my dog, Rocky. He is a Shitzu, Poodle mix with black fur. He is a very mild mannered dog that rarely ever barks. The only thing he ever wants to do is go for a walk on the beach and chase the seagulls.

We don't have a pet at the moment but we used to have a pair of chipmunks in our last house. (Sadly we don't have room in this house!) I think Fred and Wilma, as we called them, were my favourite pets of all time. They lived in a floor to ceiling cage that took up one corner of our large living room. It contained a box for them to hide in and loads of branches, leaves, rocks etc for them to play amongst.

I've had cats, dogs and snakes as pets and, with my husband, birds, fish, hamsters, gerbils and all sorts really, but Fred and Wilma brought the most smiles at their antics!

Trying to choose a favorite of our pets would be awfully difficult!!  We have two dogs.  One is an overly friendly cocker spaniel named Duke...whom I'm really partial to because I fell in love with him from a photo and drove all the way to Kansas to pick up.  Then we have Cheech, who is a neurotic chihuahua and quite the little Romeo with only our daughter and myself.  Everyone else he either just barely tolerates or flat out doesn't like.  I think we need the "dog whisperer" for that one.  Then we have three kitties....two girlies, Mystic and Saia who are the queen and princess respectively, and one li'l boy, Knives, who was sneaked in by our son.  After the initial recriminations, Knives has won all of our hearts.  We also have three rabbits who live in a hutch in the yard with a huge "bunny range" attached to it, and the grandkids just love those!  Almost a zoo here, especially when counting the humans!!

We have one cat and one fish, I suppose the cat has the most personality. When I was growing up we had dogs, mice and cats, I suppose because we only have the cat and the fish the cat is our favourite.

I love cats.  Growing up I have had always had cats. I had a cat named Muffin that had to be admitted to the hospital because of a lung infection, it was a very long week. He recovered fully though.

In my opinion cats a very low maintenance, in the sense that I don't have to be petting them so much, they let you know when it is time for affection, that suits me just fine. I forgot to mention that they are cute and fluffy and they like mice :)

My favorite pet would happen to be the loyalist of all animals which is the dog.  My dog literally used to be my best friend because I wouldn't really make contact with the people outside the yard because my neighborhood was not the best to live in. Houses would get robbed, even in broad daylight, unless the yard had a dog to watch over the house. Not only was my house never robbed when I was a kid but I was also able to walk down the street without being bothered by anybody because they were afraid of my dog. My dog was my friend and my protector and i always knew i was safe with him.

It's hard to say which, if any were my favorites.  I had two dogs and am down to one now.  My rot passed away a few years ago and I loved her dearly.  She was so well behaved, funny and cuddly.  My other is a boxer and she is the goof ball!!!  Strangely enough they both brought and bring me so much joy - sometimes I wonder if I like animals better than humans! 

I do have a cat named Mittens.  I can say I'm more of a dog lover than a cat lover, but she does it for me too.  My dogs were my favorites compared to her, but as I write this she's laying on my lap and now I feel guilty!  LOL  :D

She's a good kitty and really smart too.  She has thumbs and opens just about everything including unlocked doors.  She's a real fire ball when she wants to be.  So yeah - I do get a kick out of her too although I favor dogs more.

My favorite is my baby Fartfignugen. He's a bassett baby who is 8. Then we have:  Flower Power or the MAMA, Sugar Boog, Boom Bear, Princess Peach, General Patton, Shadow, Badger. 8 furry babies. We had 9, Poohbear is  gone, almost two years.

Anyway, we have some wild turkeys that run across the roof, and owls. We feed some raccoons and possums too.

A lively house. NO birds this year to hatch babies indoors, but we did have a snake that had a clutch of three! and a skink that runs behind the freezer.

julie

Guest megs207

Sadie Jo is beautiful Boxer.  We call her a horse because the children at my daycare love to interrupt her nap to straddle her like a horse.  Instead of becoming annoyed at these incosiderate little people she will tilt her head as far back as possible and try to lick their faces. 

We also call her a goat as she will eat absolutely anything thrown at her, unless it dog food.  She will also eat things that you didn't even know she could get to, such as an entire tube of diaper rash cream and the antenna to the cordless telephone. 

She is, without hesitation, the best dog I have ever been around.  She is gentle with the babies and playful with the bigger kids.  She is also protective over all of us.

Hats off to Sadie Jo!  :-*

I have a beautiful bengal leopard.  Her name is Sahara, and she most definitely rules our roost.  Smaller than most bengal leopards, Sahara is not as scary as she thinks she is.  However, when we first got her we had to have her declawed, as her scratching toy was a piece of barge rope and she shredded it!  She is a very loving pet to myself and my husband, but does not let many strangers approach her.  Our friends are usually astonished if she graces them with her presence and sits on their lap.

Well, I used to have two dogs but I now only have one :(.  We used to have a beautiful golden lab retriever that was a rescued dog, but he had to be put down because he was in to much pain even just doing simple things.  I really miss him :(.

We've had dogs, cats, lobsters, rabbits, hamsters and fish. All we have right now though are cats. So far, my favorite pet would probably be my cats. I'm an animal person so I don't mind having many pets around. The only problem is, I might not have time to take care of them all.

Cats are very clean pets. They groom themselves and go potty in one place. They also don't want their food near the cat litter. They're not as noisy as some pets are. They also have their own way of showing affection.

Well I have kids and they're enough for me right now. I love animals but I think that if I had to clean up after an animal as well as my 2 little girls, I might go a little nuts. I did, however, once have a beautiful German Shepard named Sam. She was so sweet and gentle. She passed away when she was about 1 year old. The vet said she might have been inbred. I got her from an adoption service so I don't know where she came from before that.

Growing up my mother was "Dr. Doolittle"........No REALLY.  Injured animals used to find their way to her in some way or another.  She raised a baby racoon named Rocky and a baby posseum named Dracula.  She raised so many baby birds that fell out of nests, we all lost count.

At the present, Hub and I have one horse dog Labradoodle named Kyla, and five feline babies, Dali, Belle, Stripy, Beezlebub and Rastus:)

If it were up to my husband we would have MORE, MORE and then some MORE.  He even wants farm animals now, and even though we have the room, it is a way no go for me.

We spend a MINT in animal food per week, enough is enough.

• 2 weeks later...

There are two dogs in our home - my little westie who is called Hettie. She's eleven and a half and has fibrous lungs. Apparently this condition is common to westies. Despite her physical limitations she is still very playful and puppy-like at times.

My daughter's dog is called Harvey - he is 5 and we got him from a rescue centre when he was a puppy. He's big, he's castrated (best thing we ever did), he's small o brainpower - but big on affection.

Until August 4th we had three dogs - Dilys was a black cairn terrier. She died peacefully at 15 years. How painful was that !

Currently I only have a dog, but previously, I had many other pets like cats or birds... Guess my favourite are cats, they are intelligent and agile and they are lovely.

Anyway, I like all animals and I hate the people that tret them bad.

• 3 weeks later...

I have two gorgeous German Shepherd dogs. Cooper is my long-coated 9 year old sweetheart and Kaiser is my 6 month old short-coated baby.

The best parts about Shepherds is their loyalty, their intelligence, their stunning good looks and their happy personalities. I just love them to bits.

I also have a black persian cat named Scruffy. He has a bit of a hard time with the two Shepherds always on his tail, but he can take care of himself just fine.  ;)

We don't have a pet at the moment, but my family has certainly loved each and every one of the pets that we have had the opportunity to love and care for in the past. Over the years my kids have talked me into having many different pets. We have had fish, several dogs, a few cats, an iguana, a rabbit, and a slider turtle. Our last pet was the fish. We had it longer than I ever expected it would live and now my daughter wants another cat. I'm still trying to decide if I want another pet yet or not though. A lot of responsibility and cost is involved. Of course, she doesn't understand that. I think we need a break for now anyway.

I love domestic animals. my grand mother used to have such domestic animals as cats and dogs. The one I liked most was this dog my grand mother gave the name "Togo". Every member of grannys' immidiate and extended family liked this togo dog so much that it was regarded as the last child of the family. This dog do partake in certain houshold jobs and it understands every aspect of family daily routines. When this dog died some years ago, family members organised funeral rites for it. We still miss the dog in our family

• 2 weeks later...

I love animals with a passion. <3

For my own personal pets, I currently have an adorable beagle/shepherd/setter mix dog named Jade, two gerbils, and two Betta fish.

In general, I love dogs the most. I've spent the past two years working at a doggie daycare--it's a BLAST. My favorite dogs are the big lumbering ones that are too lazy to play fetch, but are more than happy to be scratched and loved. I give most of my attention to a poor old yellow lab at present--she stays in the office while we work. A few years back, she had a stroke that paralyzed her right hind leg. And she's getting so old now that she can't control most of her bodily functions. :( I love her to death, but we at the daycare know that she is in her final months. We do out best to make sure she is comfortable and happy...and I think we succeed. :)

I'd love to work with animals when I get out of college--that is my current goal!

Guest dennie555

I have a scottish terrier named "william". I have great affection for dogs. I had a very dumb dog one year back and a very smart one. The smart one engages in such things as pretending to drink at the water bucket when the dumb one is waiting in line behind just to mess with his head.

--------------------

Dennie

Dennie please respect the fact that PFP is not intended to spam trial posts here from new members for personal gain. Your affiliate link (without use of a proper signature) has been removed from this post.

I'd practically grown up at my grandparents house. We always had cats and a dog. Our cats were lovable but I'd loved our dog best. My grandparent's house was then located in an isolated place, houses are far from each other, so my grandfather had strongly advised us not to wander far from home. Sometimes I tend to defy my grandfather's order not to go far,stubborn that I was, it was because I loved wandering in the mountain. I'd loved the cool breeze against my face, the smell of fresh air and most of all the silence. I'd loved to listen to the bird's chirping and the sound of pines tress moving against the wind. Our dog had always tagged along, after I made my careful escape. He had never left me alone. We get away and return home together. Dogs are really loyal animals. They are trully man's best friend and should be treated well. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I am not the biggest animal-lover, hence the fact that I don't have any pets. I use to have a fish, but they took a while to clean the tank and care for. I also couldn't stand it when one died. I always felt very bad that it was contained and not in its natural environment.