For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

What's your favorite pet?

buddys

When I was in my 20s, I had a pet garter snake named Slider.  I've had dogs, cats and birds during my lifetime, but I look back and think fondly of Slider.  Slider was different because back when I had him (her?) there weren't many people who owned snakes.  But the real reason Slider was my favorite was that as long as I had a pet snake, my mother refused to come to my apartment.  :)

My favorite pets are my dogs, gecko and pond fish. We have two dogs, a standard American Eskimo and a pure bred Miniature Australian Shepherd. We also have a Leopard Gecko that we bought for our older son about a year and a half ago. Then we have about 12 pond fish. The pond fish are a mix of Koi and Comet Gold Fish. Our two boys help take care of all the pets and they love playing with the dogs.

I am not actually a big pet person. Saying that I do have a dog and a cat, but they both serve as a purpose rather than a family member. The cat simply keeps the mice away and the dog is here to ward off strangers.

I love dogs most followed by cats, but the personality of the animal inters into it. I might prefer some cats to some dogs. Right now I have a lot of dogs and cats, I would never want to be without them.

My favorite pets is definitely dogs, we have 2 dogs, rottweiler

I like to play with them whenever I got home from work.

They welcoming me with their bark, jumping on me and give me

a big hug. They always walk with me at the park each night

when there was not many people around. They always been

my best friends.

This is why I prefer dogs to be my favorite pet...

• 2 weeks later...

I love pets. I have a couple of dogs. One is a German Shepard named Tony & another is a Bulldog named Bully. Both are male and are great dogs to hang out with.

I am a fitness freak and hence I go for jog everyday in morning as well as evening and my dogs always accompany me.

I love their company and they love me and guard me family like anything. They are very active and are ready for any given task.

My favourite pet is my cat named Chewy. I have never seen a more friendly cat. He gets along with everybody including strangers. Besides cats I am a big fan of lizards. I currently have a Baharain anole and I am looking to buy a blue-tailed skink.

I can match your 5 dogs and raise you the ranch! Our ranch consists of the following: 7 horses, 5 dogs (one is blind since birth), 2 cats, 26 steers and the token bullfrog, any and all of which are subject to change any given day around here. A calf here and there is born and dogs are adopted, so on and so forth.

Let's go back to the beginning, I was a city girl with a huge passion for animals. I had, at one time or another, gerbils, lots of fish, chinchillas, ferrets, a snake or two, a couple of ducks, and of course the usuall cats and dogs, but my wish was always a horse.  Well, every little girls wish is a pony, but I wanted a golden horse.  I finally got my wish in 1994 when I adopted my first BLM Mustang.  She was the ugliest, shortest and scruffiest in the entire auction lot!  Everyone told me not to get her, there were others with "better confirmation" or prettier colors, but I did not listen to the horse trainers that I brought with me.  I seemed to be drawn to her and her to me, everywhere I walked she watched, like she knew it was me.  Finally, the auctioneer called my bidder number and I could, finally, place my bid on the horse of my choice, I chose her and nobody bid against me (no one wanted her).  I got my horse.

Now, you may not know this but when you get these mustangs like this from BLM there are a few things you have to do before you get the horse home. First, these animals have not been touched by humans, other than the roundup and vet checks.  So, when you get them home you have to earn their trust just to get them to let you anywhere near them.  It is a long process, but so very rewarding.

To make a very, very long and on going story short, my favorite pet is my mustang, Abigail.  I have had her for 14 years now, and she is just incredible. We have won 3 buckles and countless ribbons and she won my heart. Now, even my toddlers can ride her.  So, what was once an untouchable and wild animal will now mug you for a peppermint candy or a swig of your beer.

I always stick to having dogs as pets at home. I have three beautiful female Shih Tzus that are adorable, huggable, kissable and so cute. The older two dogs are named Shang and Eng, they are both tricolor at birth. They were born on September 16, 2001. Trudis is the youngest of the three, I adopted her as my own. She was born on November 11, 2006 and is of mixed breed - Lhasa Apso and Shih Tzu. The dogs' best asset are their doe-like eyes. They communicate to me through their eyes.  :)

We are currently a pet-less household. And honestly I like it that way. We adopted a dog last year and she turned out to be too much for us to handle. My children were not interested in her after a few weeks and the novelty wore off. We found her a great home and sadly told her good-bye.

With that said, my personal favorite pet would be a cat. The older I get the more I do not have the desire to have one though. I think once I had kids I realized how much work was involved and my desire to have a pet diminished. Maybe once the kids are grown and all in college I'll feel differently.

We are currently a pet-less household. And honestly I like it that way. We adopted a dog last year and she turned out to be too much for us to handle. My children were not interested in her after a few weeks and the novelty wore off. We found her a great home and sadly told her good-bye.

Well, I don't want to be too much of a critic, but personally I believe you should have paid more attention to the responsibility-stuff when you decided to get a dog. It's unfortunatelly quite a popular approach - buying a pet hoping it will serve as a cool toy for the kids. Yet the reality soon shows that the pet has to be taken care of. And then what, bye bye? I'd bet the dog managed to get used to you all and it wasn't easy for him to move to a new family, however good they'd hopefully be.

Sorry to criticise, but I have an allergy for a buy-and-let-go pet handling. Perhaps because I've seen many dogs howling sadly when they saw they former owners - even a long time after they were given away.

Ropinmama,

I had ponies growing up.  We didn't have a great deal of room on our little place but we had room for a few ponies, a lot of dogs, cats, pigs, cows, chickens, ducks and whatever injured or sick wild animal I would find and adopt until it got better and could be released back into the wild.  When I was five years old my best friend in the whole world was my pet chicken, Blackie.  I was five and she was black, not very imaginative but accurate :D!  When I got up in the morning and finished my breakfast, I was out the door and Blackie would come running to me.  We went everywhere together, even, to my mother's chagrin, in the house to use the bathroom (me not the chicken).  We were together for a couple of years until one of the dogs got her and killed her.  I can remember crying for hours over that old bird.  But for a couple of years, she and I were inseparable.

• 2 months later...

I have 2 that are mine, my sister has 2, and my mom has 1 cat and they all live at my moms.  Jasmine and Monkey are both my cats. My sisters cats are Felix and Memphis. Mittens is my moms cat.

My boyfriends his cats name is Missy and his sister has 2 cats named Minnie Mo and Katie.