For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Yet another Newbie......continued

Silva

I said that it was fate that we didn't leave the UK and this has proved correct in many ways.

First of all, our 2 year old granddaughter was diagnosed with the juvenile form of rheumatoid arthritis a few months ago and her mother, our daughter, is expecting another baby this month. As her husband is in the army and goes away quite often to places like Iraq, we are now on hand to offer her help and support. I think how worried I'd be now if we were on the canals in Europe and unable to be with them when they needed us.

Second, my husband had his third heart attack in June this year. If we had been on our barge, would we have been close enough to a hospital to save him? I know that the European health system is pretty good, but even so, I'm glad that we were in familiar territory when it happened and that he is now completely recovered. He's even better than he was due to having stents inserted to widen his narrowed arteries.

Third, my husband's daughter from his first marriage lives in Alaska and he hadn't seen or heard from her for 25 years. She tracked him down and we got a phone call out of the blue. They have become reacquainted and we are going to Alaska next July to meet an 18 year old grandson we didn't even know about.

So, we still live in the Suffolk countryside and not on a barge in France but we are surrounded by people who care for us and whom we care about and I'm glad.