For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Re: How does it take to be an effective online writer or a blogger?

Bob

If you have passion for writing, you can become an effective on line writer.  You need not be an erudite scholar, it is enough that you have an active interest in the chosen subject and able to write in simple, readable and grammatically correct English. Stick to the topic and write meaningful content.  Write from the perspective of a reader.  But, make sure that you do not plagiarize. Internet is the right place for budding writers.  You can start blogging right away without any investment.  Give a free reign to your imagination and write meaningful content to entice the readers.  You are sure to become an effective on line writer or blogger.

Cheers.

Bob

;D

A writer should have a good, solid command of the English language if they are writing for the public.  For me, if I see poor grammar skills, lousy spelling and bad punctuation, I don't give the writer much credibility. 

Well you had better like writing and know how to spell, I use Microsoft Word for corrections, this is for article writing, Word has a word count under tools which comes in very handy. There is a writer's club, you can find it on a search that charges $2.95 for a week trail, thats all you need as you receive several good courses on writing, blogs, ebooks, article writing, press releases etc. free of charge.

• 3 weeks later...

I was reading this topic and started thinking about the things that have been posted concerning writing skills, and blogging, and correct spelling.  While those things do indeed make a profound impact on ones writing skills, I feel there are other things that apply as well.  It is these things that other writers possess, that draws me to their respective books and articles.

The first thing I notice concerning a writer, regardless if the writer is a fiction author or simply writing a job listing, is imagination.  The ability to make the piece real within their own head, for the rest of us to experience.  Imagination has a huge impact on writing for me personally, as I'm sure it does for countless other people.

The second thing that is needed not just in writing, but in many areas of life is passion.  Without passion a book is bland and dead, boring and lifeless.  Passion is the engine for which the book or article can move, take people places, and get the heart racing. 

One last thing is important to me concerning a writer, and that would be self confidence.  A writer has to have self confidence, or the written piece he has in front of him, will never see the light of day.  The ability to not only say oneself that "I can do it", but the willingness to believe as well.