For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

FEAR AS AN ENEMY OF PROGRESS.

Godson

Definition.

Dictionary.com defined fear as a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.

In other words, fear is a conceived thought of something that is about to happen which also might not happen. It is to say that the emotions of fear are consciously manufactured by humans through thoughts. Unknowingly to us we are the sole creator of that same emotion we despised a lot  and has retarded us from engaging in many worthwhile activities that ought to be beneficial to our being.

In summary, I want you to understand that whatever emotions of fear you have been going through that has kept you out from achieving worthwhile ventures, are mere imagery projections in your mind. It is by constant hoarding of these images of impending danger in our head that they tend to come to existence. So to say, whatever the mind can conceive in constant projection can take form in the physical realm. In a nutshell, if fear is a conceived emotion, it can also be displaced. All you need to do is to replace the emotions of fear with emotions of pleasantness and fill your mind with positive images and you shall have positive outcome in the physical realm.

If you relate to fear as enemy to be defeated, you are averse to fear and become a tragic irony of feeding the phenomena you are scared of. Fear has saved your life and is not an enemy although certainly a barrier at times.

• Like 1

Tell that to those people suffering from anxiety, delusion, and other illnesses. Sometimes, you can't control fear because it's no longer a state of mind. It's what kind of DNAs you have accumulated since you were born. Some scientist said that water can store memories. I guess, from the past, when our ancestors were busy being slaughtered by predators, their memories (DNA) were washed away, evaporated in the air and being recycled to be poured down in a pregnant mother's cup, and maybe, the baby who gets it must be the chosen high-spirited one, or maybe the karma one. Thankfully, there are meds today that counters that.

• Like 1

I think progress can be achieved when you go beyond your comfort zone. And the  process of doing something beyond your level of expertise or knowledge is always associated with fear and thus preventing us to move further. This what makes fear an enemy of progress. However, as they said, nothing in this life is free so work hard to face your fear in order for you to get what you want which in this case is beyond of your comfort zone. 

I was once a person who has a huge fear with dealing something new in my life but I tried to face it and I did. When I was in my final year in college, I decided that I want to make a research in the field of quantum chemistry and physics but I was so afraid that I may fail which could prevent me from graduating. However, I said to myself that I will never learn and grow in my career if I will let fear hold me so I tried to do the research that I really want and passed the  final defense and I graduated with a degree in chemistry. Aside from achieving my main goals which are to pass the thesis defense and also to graduate,  I had even given the chance to participate in many research congress and fortunately I won. This is an amazing progress and this wouldn't be possible if I did not face my fear. 

• Like 1

Fear is the made up emotion from our brains. It is within all animals to keep from harm. It is a basic survival mechanism. For example, if an animal (humans are animals too) is confronted by bear about to attack, all animals run or fight for self preservation. Humans do not stare at it and replace our fearful thoughts with positive ones. Humans always run away or fight. Humans do not have to fight anymore, but still have the fight or flight mechanism. Unfortunately, people still experience the anxiety and panic of the fight or flight emotions today even though our environment is safe from deadly threats.

• Like 1