For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Is anyone else sick of Jon and Kate plus 8?

annika3in1

Okay, so one of my good friends tried a while ago to get me hooked on Jon and Kate plus 8.  She loves watching all of those multiple kid shows.  I never watched Jon and Kate, but when the first news hit of Jon and Kate turmoil, I was interested, intrigued, even.  However, now, it seems as if I can't get rid of them.  They are everywhere, and I don't want to hear any more about them. :/  I hope they go away soon. 

I feel badly for their poor kids. 

I watched this show all the time with my daughter. It was one of her favorites.  I think she will continue to watch "if" and when it starts back up.  I hear Jon is out and it will be Kate plus eight. 

I am tired of all the drama between the 2 of them.  I think Jon dissed Kate too many times after the news of the divorce.  Then again, I've never been a Jon fan.  I've always thought that Kate was a tough one, but with 8 kids and Jon acting like a kid most of the time, she needed to be.

I don't feel bad for the kids.  They have been to more places and have more than my daughter will ever have.  I think they have been blessed by all the things that have done and will do.  :P

I wish they would go away and crawl back under whatever rock they came from.  Their 15 minutes of fame expired a long time ago.

KP for that one, I completely agree. They are exploiting those kids, and you know-there are laws against child labor in the USA. Unless that money is going into a trust fund for them-which it isn't-then they should be facing the power of the law.

I watched this show all the time with my daughter. It was one of her favorites.  I think she will continue to watch "if" and when it starts back up.  I hear Jon is out and it will be Kate plus eight. 

I am tired of all the drama between the 2 of them.  I think Jon dissed Kate too many times after the news of the divorce.  Then again, I've never been a Jon fan.  I've always thought that Kate was a tough one, but with 8 kids and Jon acting like a kid most of the time, she needed to be.

I don't feel bad for the kids.  They have been to more places and have more than my daughter will ever have.  I think they have been blessed by all the things that have done and will do.   :P

I wonder if these kids will find their childhood as good as some people believe it was.

Imagine to be followed by a camera team on every place and in every moment of your childhood.

Kate and Jon are doing business with their kids and that is why I never will get a fan of this show.

I agree-- even with trips to Disneyland or an inordinate amount of stuff, I think that the show has not improved their lives.  Better to live with less and not have the camera crews and everyone being able to watch your lives, play by play.

I have never watched the show, but I feel so sorry for those kids.

I sure hope they are home schooled because primary years are already tough. Then throw these kids into the circus they're living in. I hope there is an outlet in place for the children, because it seems like their parents have no respect for their sanity.

I watch the show occasionally, but my mom is a big fan. It's such a terrible thing to continue to tape the show when their lives have turned into such a disaster. They complain about the paparazzi all of the time...if they don't like it they need to cancel the show. Give the kids a chance to be normal. Divorce is bad enough without everyone in the world having a front row seat.

I remember watching how the show was made and there are only certain times that they are allowed to be taped.  That means that they are not taped all the time and they can enjoy their childhood.  I really think the kids will look back and love their childhood when they get older.

I think it's been fun watching them grow up on TV.  They seem to like it too.

• 4 weeks later...

I watched the show when we had cable and I remember being in awe of how Kate could run a household and keep track of those eight kids. I think their time in the sun is over now though and they need to let the kids have as normal as a life as they can now. Jon also just needs to shut up and move on. I am tired of hearing him whine and about his dating 20 year olds.

Honestly, I've never seen the show.  I really don't get into many reality shows.  I have too much of my own reality to deal with to watch someone else trying to deal with theirs. ;)

Have you heard the news that Jon is now suing TLC for $5 million because they ruined his life and career?  What an idiot! 

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=441788&gt1=28103

I had not heard this but I am not shocked. The only thing Jon seems to care about is money and not at all how this is harming his children. I have to be honest and admit I used to love the show in the beginning but at this point I wish I never heard of Jon and Kate. It has all become ridiculous.

• 6 months later...

Did you see that they are now having a new show called Kate plus 8.  I think it's going to be fun to watch.  I believe it starts next Sunday!  My daughter is excited to be watching again!  She loves the kids.