For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

What does modesty means to you?

Queen-wk

What comes to your mind when you hear the word modesty? 
   Everyone has different opinions and beliefs on modesty. Most beliefs mode of dressing is modesty, some beliefs the modesty talks only about women,is it? ,while some beliefs when you are not attracting attention to oneself is modesty           
    But are all these points truly the only meaning to modesty. To me modesty goes beyond dressing in a conservative way,being quiet,keeping to oneself or not attracting attention to oneself.
Modesty is a character traits, the way you treat people and the way you view life is modesty, showing a sense of decency with the way you act and you carry your self is modesty.
Looking down on people because what of they wear is different from yours is not modesty on your own part.you will be surprise to know their character and much of a more bigger person they are than those who dress conservative sometimes.
 Don’t get me wrong am not saying you should dress in an immoral way by exposing your body is a way of showing modesty and at the same time am now saying only covering your body is modesty .
          Modesty is just about being oneself,being comfortable in what you wear, how you treat people, how we speak, the friends we choose can also be modesty.
         Does modesty applies to women only not to men? No, modesty applies as much to women as to men.we tend to put the burden of modesty on women,why? Is ogling over women bodies modesty?its natural for men to be attracted to a beautiful women, but the ability to control their thought regardless of what she’s wearing is modesty. They are also responsible for there language.
       In other words being humble, treating all with kindness and being non judgmental are all more important traits of modesty. Your mode of dressing with these points are all together as modesty not just character and mode of dressing , both works together.
 So what have I missed, do you agree or disagree with me? 
Let’s me hear your view on this. What do modesty means to you?

Modesty to me mean proper behaviour to your fellow human and not become too showy. Of course, every coin has two sides and I believe that those who never feel proud about themself  or think that they have nothing good to show off to the world are those who aren't worth much, you are what you believe. But on the other hand, showing that you are superior to others for just the sake of feeling good and dumb people down so that you can settle the insecurity inside you will make you an arrogrant person. Modesty is the middle line : know that you are worthy, but also respect people around you. I hope this can help somehow ^^

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Queen-wk, what a great topic!  This is something I have thought about a lot over the years.  There was even a time when I wanted to go join the Amish in part because I was so attracted to their dress (and a more simple life looked attractive from the outside).  I agree with you that modesty is more than covering up and not being too flashy.  Modesty begins with your thoughts and radiates out to the rest of your life:  how you speak, how you act, and how you treat others.  There is a reason why many different religions address modesty in these ways.  I also agree that modesty is not just for women.  Men too can dress immodestly.  Men are immodest when they brag or use foul language.  For men too, modesty begins with thoughts and affects how they interact with women, and the rest of the world.