For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Stress Reliever

PikaCHUA

What do you do when you are stressed from work or school? I usually step outside and play Pokemon Go. This way I could interact with other people, breathe in fresh air and get a little bit of exercise. I come back to the office refreshed and energized.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually write, learn a foreign language, draw, program, play video games or listen to music! I also love to take walks around my neighborhood as long as it's not too hot or too cold. I also enjoy watching Youtube videos.

When I am stressed, I feel that my shoulder stiffens. To help me relieve out of stress, I usually go outside where there are various green trees like a park and sit for a moment there to think of the good things I made on that day. Once I do that, my mind clears off unwanted thoughts and helps me regain my composure.

• 2 weeks later...

I have learned to deal with my stress in a number of different ways. Which way I choose depends on what is causing my stress. For example, if work is stressing me out then I look to my husband to calm me down. His consoling nature and rational thinking normally helps relieve whatever pressure work has caused me. However, there are times my husband is the cause of my stress. I am sure it is never intentional; however, as someone who suffers from anxiety it is quite easy to trigger me. During those times, I find writing in my journal or listening to soothing music usually does the trick and alleviates an abundance of my stress.

When I am stressed out, I usually just find time on my own and go get myself some comfort food like burgers, pizzas, fries and milkshakes. I love spending time alone and clearing my mind while divulging my stomach into food coma. I do my best in imposing a work-life balance so that I will not lose myself in the end. What is important is finding ways to keep yourself motivated and not get all worked out. Our sanity should be well taken cared of. 

• 3 weeks later...

When I am stressed out I do a variety of things, I guess it depends on what is stressing me out and how badly. I like to listen to music, go to the gym and get a good sweat on, take a bath, call a friend to vent or for emotional support or if all else fails, I have a couple of glasses of wine and after that, who cares! LOL

I would like to say that I relieve stress by doing yoga and meditation, but the truth is that chocolate or cake can usually do the trick. I also get some fresh air on the balcony, listen to music or play with my kitten to calm my nerves. A good nap never hurt, either, and can be good for you.

When I'm stressed, I usually try to do some breathing exercises, close my eyes and listen to music, or color. Yes, I still color. I was so glad when they started marketing coloring books for adults. Petting my animals also works great to relieve stress. I swear I feel stress and anxiety melting away with every pet. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I believe that a good way to reduce your stress levels is to take up gardening. It has many benefits as a hobby, not least being that you will get more exercise in the fresh air. I find that it may also take your mind off whatever is stressing you in the first place. It has the added advantage of encouraging you to grow your own fruit and vegetables, or, if you prefer, brighten up your environment with flowers. It is something you can do on your own, without worrying about shielding due to the coronavirus. In these uncertain times, gardening can be a lot of fun!