For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

The Coronavirus

Nickel

How has this affected your daily life? My job training is on pause, which means I'll start officially working weeks or maybe even months later than expected. I also cancelled a cross-country trip to visit family. Please be careful and patient, everyone.

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear that, Nickel!  I know you were excited about your new job. 

Work is still going about the same for me, but we aren't brainstorming together or going out after work like we did before.  That's the toughest part for me  - all the social distancing.   It's not as appealing to hit the treadmill as it is to run with a group outside.  Work is tougher without someone to bounce ideas off of.  Volunteering online doesn't seem as productive as volunteering in person.   And it doesn't feel like Lent without coming together for the community fish fry on Fridays.  Basically, I miss my friends, I miss church, I miss competing with co-workers, I miss going out, I miss being part of a group, I even miss the polite chatter that two strangers often make in the grocery store checkout line that's backed up a mile long.  It's just a lonely time to be an extrovert! 

Thank goodness for gardening!  It helps relieve stress - even if I do catch myself chatting to the plants. 

Edited by SableC.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's hard to be an introvert right now, too. I'm introverted, but as a human, I need connection with others. It's one thing to choose not to go out. It's quite another to be forced to stay in. I have hardly had any human contact in a month, and it really affects me. 

The most human contact I get is when I go pick up prescriptions once a week and when we go to the vet once a month. It is definitely a lonely time. 

• Like 1

All I can say is that I hope that things get back to normal soon. I do think it will be a "new normal" though.

Things for me are different but the same. I'm "essential" so I'm still going to work daily. I'm thankful that I still have a job and paycheck but at the same time, scared to go out in public.

I'm ready to go to a beach! I've got quite a few plans (tickets already purchased) for events in June and August. I'm patiently waiting to hear more about these events. 

I'm from New York, the hardest hit state!

• Like 1

@knchatty, I can't imagine how you must feel. I get panicked just going to the store these days, and I only do that once a week! I can't imagine having to go out in public to a job daily. Please be careful and take good care of yourself. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I imagine it must be very challenging being an extrovert right now. As an introvert, I'm a champion at social distancing. My normal lifestyle is very similar to quarantine 😄. The biggest change is ordering groceries ahead of time and trying to explain to my kids every day why they can't go to the playground yet.  I also need to do a driving test, so I hope everything gets back to normal soon!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Thoughts on mask mandates – again? It's been nice going mask-free this summer. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Delta cases go down really soon.

We were supposed to have a celebration this coming month but decided to hold it off because of the new variant. I'm worried about how many mutations the virus would undergo, because realistically speaking, it's expected that it would. I find it better to wear the mask than face worst-case scenarios.

On 7/26/2021 at 6:57 AM, Nickel said:

Thoughts on mask mandates – again? 

Edited by Pokcare
  • Like 1

Yikes, I'm so embarrassed by what I wrote in April 2020!  Back then, though, I didn't know that so many people were going to perish, that some families would be torn apart, that a multitude of people would lose their jobs, that schools were going to close, and that health care and retail workers alike would be putting their lives on the line just to keep the world spinning.  I believe in making sacrifices to support the common good.  I have embraced social distancing and I continue to wear a mask.  I also got vaccinated and learned to count my blessings.  There are worse things than being an extrovert during the pandemic. 

On 7/25/2021 at 6:57 PM, Nickel said:

Thoughts on mask mandates – again? 

I never stopped.  It doesn't bother me to wear a mask.  Thank goodness turtlenecks aren't required!  

How did your new job turn out, @Nickel?  I hope things worked out for you. 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 8:07 PM, SableC. said:

How did your new job turn out, @Nickel?  I hope things worked out for you. 

It's steady but quiet. The bosses are still strict about social distancing, including only allowing two at a time in bathrooms that can easily fit four or five people.

I took on an additional job, and now my days are beyond full! Thanks for asking, @SableC.

• Like 1