For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

How do you get over a cold?

Chibear

I just can't get rid of this cold.  I get a little better and then it comes back with a vengence.  No fever or anything to severe, just a cough, sneezing and congestion.  I'm open to any home remedies at this point.  What do you do to get rid of a cold?

Sleep and water.

That is our simple remedy for any kind of sickness that we would acquire. Eat more fresh fruits than cooked ones. Take medicines as a last resort only or if you get worse.

Sometimes I've had to let a cold run its course, and spend a few days just resting. I drink green tea with honey and lemon or ginger to feel a little better.

I think plenty of sleep and fluids as mentioned above is a good treatment and prevention. 

Lots of Vitamin C (around 4,000 mg every 3-4 hours). Plenty of fluids. Echinacea and goldenseal (both are naturally antibacterial). Garlic soup (several cloves of garlic, water, salt & pepper to taste... simmer until garlic is soft and enjoy!) - garlic also is naturally antibacterial AND antiviral. Green tea with honey and lemon is an excellent choice also :)

Yes, sleep and water is best.  Other than that I just wait it out.  It's no fun but I don't like taking cold remedies and they don't seem to do much for me anyway.

That's stress, no doubt. Home remedy? Sleep at 10pm and get 8 hours of sleep. Body repairs major parts of the body from 10pm to 2am. Next, drink lots of water. Eat lots of fruits that contain Vitamin C. Abstain from coffee, but drink tea.

Lastly, abstain from reading newspapers and magazines of any sort. Abstain also from newscasts on TV. Instead, buy a book on humor and laugh your heart out as often as you can :)

Cold's can be really nasty sometimes! But, is it possible that you are suffering from allergies? Allergies on top of a cold are just plain miserable, let me tell you! I agree with everyone else...get some sleep, and rest a lot. Feel better soon!