For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Are We Ready to Start Our Journey Back to Normal?

JewelsCat22

Do you all think we are ready to start reopening things? Here in Denver, we are under a stay at home order until May 8, and I've read that it doesn't seem like the governor will extend the order again. 

They are going to start reopening some businesses this next week or the week after, I'm guessing, but I wonder if we are ready. Honestly, I think it's still too soon. What are your thoughts on the subject? 

What concerns me is that once a governor or local official says anything about partial reopening, that will lead to ignoring social distancing more and more. Pre-coronavirus freedom feels sweet, but I don't want to ditch my face mask yet.

@Nickel, I agree. It's definitely concerning. 

I saw that a restaurant opened up for Mother's Day in Castle Rock, CO, and there was a huge crowd there! I believe the restaurant was fined, but the fact that so many people flocked there shows that they really don't get how dangerous this virus is. 

A lot of places here in the Denver area are requiring customers to wear face masks. As hard as it is for me to breathe with one, I'm glad that they are requiring customers to wear face masks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I feel it's all a bit overblown. I'm ready for everything to open again and not have to worry about "social distancing" whenever I leave home. The curve has been flattened, time to get on with life!

It is rather overblown, I agree. The only thing that makes this worse than the seasonal flu is how easy it is to be transmitted. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2020 at 8:54 AM, Nickel said:

What concerns me is that once a governor or local official says anything about partial reopening, that will lead to ignoring social distancing more and more. Pre-coronavirus freedom feels sweet, but I don't want to ditch my face mask yet.

Here, that already happens even without the lockdown, so I don't think much will change even after the 'new normal' starts. Those who prefer to be careful won't ditch their masks, but those who are skeptical about the issue will continue to party out without care. We are not ready for either a lockdown or a 'new normal', so I guess the only way is to do what we can to protect ourselves and deal with everything else as they come along the way.