For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Anyone sudoku?

clickprincess

I started doing these puzzles about 1 1/2 years ago and I am still addicted.  For those who haven't tried them, it's rather like a logic puzzle only with numbers.  To me, it's entertainment/boredom busting with some brain power needed.  Word search are the brainless puzzles - you don't really use your brain to solve them.  Logic problems and crosswords tend to need quite a bit of thinking.  Sudoku is somewhere in the middle. 

Anyone else sudoku?

Yes me!

I did my first Sudoku around 4 years ago, when my brother-in-law sent me a book of them to do while I was in hospital and very very bored! Needless to say, the time passed really quickly as they are so addictive. I like a challenge, especially when you can work up through easy, medium and difficult levels, as it really gives you a sense of achievement. I really believe, also, that puzzles like this are a good exercise work out for your brain. I like to do mine against a timer (I use my mobile phone), and try and beat my personal best times!

On the downside though, it is really easy to waste far too much time doing Sudoku, if you aren't strict with yourself! I can easily find that I've spent 3 hours doing puzzles when in fact I only intended to spend half an hour, or I go to bed an hour later because I didn't notice the time.

I was quite pleased to find when I bought my latest mobile phone, that Sudoku was one of the games on it. But actually, it's far too easy, so I don't really bother with it.

Which puzzle books do you guys recommend? I like the Times books.

I have to say I'm a person who always feels happier dealing with words than with numbers.  I struggled a bit with maths in school and my strict, bad tempered teachers did not do much to increase my confidence in that subject. 

Although I know sudoku is more logic than maths, just the sight of those figures in their little boxes immediately makes me think that I can't do it.  I have tried out sudoku once or twice when I've come across puzzles in magazines, but I didn't really have the patience for it.  If you give me a crossword instead of sudoku I'll be much more at home!

• 1 month later...

I love sudoku! At first I couldn't understand the fascination, then one day there was a puzzle in my newspaper, so I had a go. Next thing you know I was hooked! I bought myself a book with about 300 puzzles in it and at one point I was doing about 5 per day, but I've got over that "addiction" now.

I still do a puzzle every week or so as I think it's good to exercise my brain. I love the feeling of immense satisfaction I get when I've been stuck on a puzzle for ages and then - aha! - I crack it!  ;D

Skyblue, believe me, sodoku has absolutely nothing to do with math.  That is what kept me from trying them for so long because I also equated number puzzles with math.  I am very good at math but have never liked math puzzles.  Sodoku is a logic problem, pure and simple. 

• 1 month later...

I love Sudoku's...even more so recently since I've begun to use them as a way to relax after a long day of work. I'm only now breaking into the more "advanced," difficult puzzles. Some of these suckers are really hard!