For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Thank God for school!

clickprincess

With my son finally back in school, I am getting about 6 hours of peace and quiet daily.  It is wonderful and I expect it to do great things for my writing career.  Plus I am sick of hearing "I'm bored" and "there's nothing to eat" all day long.  The kids will never admit to it but they get just as sick of summer vacation as we do by the end of it.

I totally understand where you're coming from on this one!

I have recently enrolled my daughter in kindergarten for the first time (she was two in July). Basically she had been home with me constantly for the last two years, and as she is quite a clingy mummy's girl, a large portion of my day was spend with her nestled on my knee or sitting on my hip. (I got quite good at doing some household chores with her sitting on my hip - like getting the washing off the line or washing up!)

Anyway, now that's she's gone for a few hours a day, I feel like I have finally got some me-time back in my life! I mis her lots, and I'm still not really used to her being gone, as I keep getting minor panic attacks in the day thinking "Where is she?!!!", then I remember! ::)), and it feels quite bizarre having so much time free in the day. But, it's great! It's good for her too, to be with some other kids and start to learn that she isn't the only kid in the world!

I too am hoping I can make good use of my time by writing a lot more.

• 1 month later...

Where are you that your daughter is in kindergarten at so young an age?  In my area, kindergarten doesn't start until the child is about 5 years old.

The UK as a whole starts at three years old, and some places (Wales for instance) you can start in the local school at 2. I don't recall where Polly is, but I get the feeling I've discussed it with her!