For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Are you sticking to your resolutions?

Lynn

Well, it's January 6th already. If you made any New Year's resolutions, how are they holding up so far? I won't get into my specific resolutions, but out of the three big ones I made, one is not going well, one is just okay, and the other is actually going better than I had hoped. I can't wait to see where I am in another six days!

• Like 1

I don't make New Year's resolutions because it seems like they are just asking to be broken.  It's almost expected.  I prefer to make any resolutions on other days in the hopes that they will last longer.

I often set goals for a new year, but I didn't do any of it this year. It doesn't really feel like a "new year" to me. I generally "start new" every Monday.

I don't think I have ever made one! I tend to do the opposite to what is expected when it comes to things like this. I always was a bit of a rebel. :P

• 2 weeks later...

This reminds me of one I made with a friend recently. We were each supposed to have something written to show to the other on the 19th of each month. It's the 18th and I haven't written my piece yet. I need to get on it tonight! Thanks for the reminder.

I think of New Year's resolutions as something(s) I'd like to accomplish by the end of the following year. I'm not sure it's a cop-out or not but I'll let you know if I manage to stick to it/them next Dec.31st.

• 2 weeks later...

I never was very good at keeping any resolutions I'd made on New Years Day.  I can't say that I've ever really accomplished anything from any resolutions I'd made.  Usually, if I want to accomplish something, I'll just tell myself that I have to do this or I have to do that, and it usually gets done.

On another note altogether, does talking to oneself prove or disprove any sanity or lack thereof?