For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Shots

spacelover8126

I'm taking my younger daughter in for shots this afternoon.  Fortunately she handles them pretty well.  My oldest is excited, because she gets the lollipop my youngest can't have yet: what an opportunist!

I felt so bad for my daughter when she had to get any kind of injection or vaccination, I couldn't even tell her that she was going to get them.  Poor thing, sometimes they'd put three shots at a time in her legs.  She never would really cry out loud, but rather sob and whimper.  But it always made her feel better when we went to McDonalds afterwards.

Now, at 13, any shot or vaccine she has to get, she takes it like a trooper.

Shots can be a hot topic; there are those who are heatedly opposed to injecting toxins into young peoples' immature immune systems. Still, injections are generally not fun!

That's true, Perfect.  I know quite a few moms who refuse to vaccinate.  I personally delay shots, so that's why we went in at 5 months, and I will be refusing flu, chicken pox, and probably HPV, (depending on the vaccine's safety data) when my children get older.

• 3 months later...

I have to take my youngest in for vaccinations in the next week or so. He was actually supposed to go about a month ago, but when my husband was laid off we lost our insurance. We keep our kids on a delayed schedule anyway so it shouldn't be a big deal. I don't allow them to get more than two vaccinations at any one time, and we have never gotten the flu or chicken pox vaccinations either.

My daughter's six year old has had juvenile arthritis since she was about eighteen months old, and has so many injections and blood tests that she is very laid back about the whole process. It amuses me to see the doctors and nurses shaking with nerves when they administer the needles, yet she is as calm and unflustered as can be.

• 2 months later...

As a retired healthcare professional, I have to say, giving vaccinations to little ones is NOT my favorite thing to do. It is almost as hard on the giver as it is on the little one getting the shot. I have seen all types of reactions and have almost had my head knocked off by parents as well. It wasn't because of my technique, just a parental reaction to protect the child. I've also seen parents who wipe away tears when the child was as calm as they could be. All around, vaccinations are not fun.  :-\