For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Coincidence?

ladyjen

According to the Mayan Calendar, the world will end on 12/12/2012 (supposedly)because that is the last day listed.  What has me thinking about this today is the movie trailer for "The Day the Earth Stood Still."  I'm curious, does anyone else out there think it's no accident a movie about the end of our species premiered on 12/12 of this year or is this mere coincidence?

Talk to me, y'all.  8)

I think the people in charge of releasing the film are also researching what you just have said. They may intentionally set the release date to the date which you have said about Mayan calendar. I guess they won't wait for 2012 for nobody might not see it anymore.  ;)

I'm sure this cannot be a coincidence, I bet the movie directors have planned it so that the movie has more of an impact on its viewers. I think that it is probably just clever marketing.

I think that is a clever marketing strategy. Movie companies have been finding interesting ways to hype their movies. Remember the buzz on the net that "The Blair Witch Project" caused?

As for the calendar ending on that date, I heard that it was just an arbitrary date with no intended significance.

I really haven't heard a lot about the topic though.

Coincidence apart, there's a major possibility of human race ending by 2012. What with dwindling crude resources, unemployment on the rise, terrorists getting better at their work, and increasing border tensions for countries like India and Pakistan.