For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Re: Internet scams.

schulzemor

The easiest way to avoid scams, online or off, is to use your common sense.  It is when people let greed get in front of their common sense that problems happen.  Of course, I have long said that common sense is being bred out of the human species so perhaps it's not surprising how many people fall for obvious scams.

I´m not agreed with you absolutely. It is very easy to use your common sense when you have some experience online. But if you are the beginner then  it´s very  hard sometimes to understand  is this proposition a fraud or not. I think that I´m a lucky person because I had the perfect Internet teachers. And the best advice is that  if you do not like  to be done then you must  learn as much information as you can about the site that you plan to use.

• 3 weeks later...

One major way to not get scammed:  don't ever give anyone your credit card info, or your bank info.  Never ever ever.

Once I realized that, I've been good and haven't had too much trouble.  I did purchase one thing through paypal, and didn't realize that apparently they set up a monthly payment thing through my paypal.  When I saw that, I closed the account and reported it to paypal.  I managed to recoup my money thankfully. 

Don't pay a cent or penny this is first step of not getting scammed. The other two steps are never get into too good to be true offers and when you are going for any PTC sites check the reputation from at least 100 people on the net. PTC'S ARE USUALLY SCAMS

• 1 month later...

I have been fooled so many times by Internet scams. I wasted so much money that it wasn't even funny. Now, I know better and realize that you don't pay for the job, the job pays you.

I agree with that quote. If you dont know someone, dont give them your information. I think thats common sense. However, not every scam can be stopped this way. If something on the internet looks too good to be true, it probably is.

I also agree with this quote as well. If someone has common sense they won't fall for any scam. If you pay money upfront for something then you are probably getting scammed and will never see that money again. Wait until you get your goods or services before paying any money. Never take anyone's word on anything.

I agree with Clickprincess’ view that one has to use common sense when online.  But, I do not think that greed is the only thing that causes online scams.  I think that Schulzemor is on the right track by saying that inexperience can cause many people to be scammed. 

Others have also been scammed because of their compassion and willingness to help anyone that is in need.  Think about all of the elderly people that have fallen for online scams. They could never be labeled as greedy.

I have been scammed more times than I care to admit. If you are purchasing or making payments on line, do your homework. Use only secure and approved methods. Be sure to clear your temporary internet and history files, as well as your password information.