For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Re: PTC's, Scams and Legitimate money making websites

Valkyrie

You know, I used to think that surveys were cool.  But after seeing a bunch of the same exact survey questions, that really aren't survey questions, but rather a way of getting you to sign up for products that you don't really need, I have really been turned off of that sort of thing.  I like surveys that are really trying to learn about people or whatever, but sometimes it just seems too clear to me that they're not even trying to do market research, but trying to squeeze every penny out of people.  My theory is that if I have to PAY anything, or put my credit card down for anything, then, it's a scam.    I've heard the whole "but you need to spend money to make money" - well yeah, but only if *I'm* the one at the top of whatever scam pyramid scheme is going on.  In other words, if your money spent doesn't go to benefit *YOU* but someone else instead, then forget about it.    I've already lost enough money on these scam "get in on this downline/upline" or whatever other baloney is out there.  I get so frustrated by this stuff that it can be hard to see what is legit, though I know I KNOW people have made good money online.  I've worked for such people.  But I want to know how to do it for myself, rather than getting involved in these schemes where they nickle and dime money from me while I'm not making a cent. 

I know what you mean about these scams. They are everywhere and now they are even on tv. I have always been told to never pay to get work and that's what I live by when trying to find work online. If I go to a site and they want a one time fee for something then I'm off to the next site. Plus it helps to know what you are looking for and what you are good at doing.

Never, ever, pay someone for a job.  That would be like walking into the unemployment office and having to pay money to put in applications.  That's ridiculous!  If it is truly a site on which you will make money, it won't be easy.  A job is a job anywhere you go and you have to work for it.  The sites that you will make money on are few and far between.  This job is one I enjoy so it doesn't seem like a lot of work to me even if I do have a few jobs going at once.  But then, I'm retired and I have time on my hands anyway.  Just be careful on the internet, fraud is everywhere and some of the sites are very tempting.  I know, I've been taken a time or two.  Not for much money, but when you're retired any amount is a lot.

• 5 weeks later...

I earned my first money online by using paid-to-read email programs, paid-to-click programs and paid surveys.  I still do all three but only about 4 programs of the PTR/PTC type.  When I started out, those programs were actually great little earners but most now are garbage. 

Surveys, on the other hand, are still a nice side income for me.  I just did a screener for a $100 survey that I'm hoping I will qualify for.  The highest amount I've been paid for a single survey so far has been $75.  The key with survey companies is to find the good ones and avoid the scams that are rampant now in the industry.