For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Friend Had a Home Birth

spacelover8126

A friend of mine had a home birth today!  Unfortunately I didn't make it before the baby was born, but I got to hold him when he was just two hours old.  He is adorable and I'm so excited that she had a successful home birth.  It sounds like it was very peaceful.

• Like 1

I'm glad that it all went well. If there are no complications, I see no reason why every mother shouldn't have a home birth. It is, after all, the most natural process in the world and shouldn't need any intervention! :)

Home births are more common in the U.K, aren't they? I believe only 1-2% of American women have them.  I think they are really cool and safe, but for some reason I personally still feel more comfortable in the hospital, even though I also prefer intervention-free births.

Homebirth is more common in a lot of places. Despite the perception we have in the US, study after study shows that homebirth is as safe or safer than hospital birth for low-risk pregnancies. In some hospitals you can avoid interventions, but in many areas, the only way to opt out of useless or harmful interventions is to have a homebirth.

My homebirth was lovely and calm. We had a few complications that were quickly and easily handled. It was all very undramatic. I loved that no one took my baby away from me. With the mother is the very best place for a newborn to stay, for the health of the baby and the health of the mother. About an hour after birth, the whole family cuddled up in bed together and napped. That is one of my most precious memories.

• Like 1

I would totally have had a homebirth, except that it is illegal in the area where I live, and I just couldn't bring myself to drive an hour to have a baby. On the other hand, the hospital in which I birthed my last two has a great labor & delivery area and they were good experiences.

• Like 1