For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

My Desk

officegal

Living smack dab in the middle of Ohio corn country you have one of two options with your office desk. The first being, you can place your desk in front of a window in hopes of getting a view of something other than CORN! Or two you can face it away from the window and be reminded of all those household chores you still need to do. I’ve yet to find a third solution that enables me to enjoy my view, so if you have any suggestions, please feel free to share.

You should do what I do. I've put my desk against a wall next to my window. I've got a picture of my grandparents on my desk to remind me of them (they recently passed away), and I don't have to be reminded about the chores that need doing. Also, when I feel like a bit of a break, I can simply turn my head look out of my window and enjoy the view of the city. Not sure if you can enjoy the view of corn in the same way, but it's worth a try  :P

Ha ha! I have my desk facing the wall next to my window too! I get too distracted sometimes, so being right in front of the window would probably make working harder for me. I have my desk facing the wall, and I have silly little things on my desk to keep myself entertained if I'm just waiting for something, like an email response.

As for the view of corn, it could be worse! Some friends of mine have windows that face lovely views of brick walls! They open it up, and you wouldn't even be able to drop a soda can between the two buildings! (Not that you should, but you just couldn't!) Enjoy that view of corn! :D

• 2 weeks later...

That is a tough one. I think I found a good solution. I would find a poster of a nice Caribbean ocean view or a view of the mountains and put in your window. this way when you look out you see a great picture and not more corn. That too may be distracting whenever you look up you wish you were there but it could be better then looking at corn.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a laptop and wifi so when it gets warmer, I'm going out on my back porch to watch the woodland animals and do what I need to do.  I like being able to go out on my back porch and watch the animals in my PJ's.  Woods surrounding my place are so nice.

I have to ask, please forgive me in advance... Do you say "Oh for crying in the corn!" instead of "Oh for crying out loud!"?

I live in corn/tobacco/soybean/cotton country so I can commiserate!

• 1 month later...

I have to ask, please forgive me in advance... Do you say "Oh for crying in the corn!" instead of "Oh for crying out loud!"?

I live in corn/tobacco/soybean/cotton country so I can commiserate!

ROFL, yes "oh for crying in the corn"! I thought we were the only people that said that phrase. Too funny  :D

• 2 months later...

I have a laptop and wifi so when it gets warmer, I'm going out on my back porch to watch the woodland animals and do what I need to do.  I like being able to go out on my back porch and watch the animals in my PJ's.  Woods surrounding my place are so nice.

Lucky me, I live in the Caribbean and have a view of Magen's Bay, St. Thomas out my window. But, this is still the idea I would have had; get a nice posture or painting, hang it on the wall, and put your desk against that wall. Even better, if you have or know kids, let them put their artwork all over it...children's art always makes me happy! :)

I live in Upstate NY, out in the country.  Do you want to know what I saw when I was looking out my window this morning.  A big black bear just walking so nicely through my front yard.  I will take the view of the corn now.  :)

Most days I get a view of deer, this I love.  I can also see out back and watch my daughter play in the back yard.  Country living is heaven for me.

I wish I had a laptop and could take it to the back deck or the hammock.  I'm working towards that!

• 4 weeks later...

I share your sentiments about the hammock, knchatty. I also live in the country and I have a hammock out in the garden. But my laptop gave up on me, so I have to work on my pc inside the house.