For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Mardi Gras

Lynn

I live in southern Louisiana and this time of year is almost bigger than Christmas around here. Mardi Gras is right around the corner! The parties and parades have already started, but the big day is Fat Tuesday, which I believe falls on February 24th this year. One week from today and southern Louisiana will shut down for the biggest celebration of the year here. Unfortunately, I think this year I'm going to have to pass on participating. I just started my sixth month of pregnancy and in addition to not being able to keep up with the party goers I don't think I can handle all the walking and standing involved in being a parade spectator. For those of you who will be there with beads on, laissez les bon temps roulez!! Translation - let the good times roll (in Cajun.)

It's good to know that New Orleans is getting back to celebrating Mardi Gras like they have always been known to do.  I know the residents will never forget Katrina but it's nice to see the old spirit of the city is slowly getting back to 'normal'.