For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Guilty Pleasures

G R

We all have hobbies that we enjoy doing when we have some free time. Some people like them so much though, that they start to get in the way of being productive. My "guilty pleasure" is participating on a web site that deals with alternative topics. 

What's your guilty pleasure, and what do you do, if anything, to curb your time doing it so you can remain as productive as you can? 

• Like 1

I would have to say the games on Facebook are my "kryptonite." I have to actually close down Facebook and sometimes even use a different browser to keep my mind on my work - and make myself work before I play.

Phone time with my best friend will eat up my time if I let it. Sometimes when we get on the phone at the close of the day, we can end up staying up a lot later than we should. I always pay for it the next morning, but then I rationalize that I needed that friend time, too. It is funny to me that we still find so many topics to discuss after being friends for nearly a decade.

• 1 month later...

I love baking and then sharing the results with my friends and students. I often have to limit the time I spend on this as nothing else would get done. The biggest problem isn't that the preparation and cooking time eats into my day, but rather the mountain of dishes that I need to tackle when I am done!