For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Living with Degenerative Disc Disease

officegal

Degenerative Disc Disease aka, DDD can be a very trying experience. At the young age of only 29 I was diagnosed with DDD. I was pregnant with my third child and began having serious back issues. Obviously, since I was pregnant I naturally assumed this was due to the extra weight. It wasn’t until a couple of months after I’d giving birth that I realized it was something more. Since then, I’ve had three major back surgeries, the last one being this past April. They fused my bone between disc, by using rods, pins and screws.  For months afterwards I had to wear a turtle shell, I looked ridiculous to say the least, but I was also terrified to take it off. From time to time, I still have minor problems with my back and legs however, it’s been ten months and I must say, I think the fusion was a success. If I had to do it all over again, I would in a heart beat. I’ve met many back suffers who are afraid to have surgery and just live with the pain. If you suffer from chronic back pain, don’t just live with it, talk to someone, get answers to your questions. You never know until you try.

• 6 months later...

Wow.  I have herniated discs in my back that I've had since I was 20, however I can't imagine having DDD.  The surgery sounds painful, but I'm glad it's seemed to work for you. I was fortunately able to heal most of my injury with PT, diet and rest.  Occasionally it flares up, but mostly I can live my life as I used to.

Unfortunately I have Ankylosing Spondylitis which is sort of like DDD in a way.  The only thing about AS is that it fuses your discs together in the position of comfort for you.  If I were to let mine fuse and not try to continue to exercise and use my back it would be fused in a forward leaning 80 degree angle.  It is hereditary and my ancestors on my mother's side have had it to some degree or another.  I don't have the most severe type (thank God) but mine is bad enough.  I can empathize with you but my pain will be ongoing.

My husband is only 26 and has also been diagnosed with DDD. He installs security systems and has to get up in tiny attics almost every day, which only aggravates things. It is a hard disease to deal, especially at such a young age.

I also had a fusion done on my L5S1. But I am having major problems. I have been fighting disability now for 3 years. I need the hardware taken out of my back to see if that helps.The problem is I have no insurance. I was turned down at my hearing so now my attorney is appealing.That could take another 3 years.

Unfortunately I have Ankylosing Spondylitis which is sort of like DDD in a way.  The only thing about AS is that it fuses your discs together in the position of comfort for you. 

buddys, one of my best friends has AS! She was using embrel for a while to try and treat some of the symptoms.  She changed medicines though so that she could take something that would also treat her Krohn's disease.  Have you found a medicine that is helpful?