For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Dream of a Friend's Death

spacelover8126

I had a very vivid dream last night involving a friend's death.  I woke up extremely shaken.  I won't see him for a few days but it will be a relief when I do, although I'm sure he's fine.

I can imagine how upsetting that was for you. The positive thing is that the meaning of such a dream is generally symbolic rather than literal. Perhaps your friend is in some form of life transition period?

• Like 1

That has happened to me many times. Even though I know, logically, that there is no danger to the other person, it is still quite unsettling. Sometimes I give in to the urge to call the friend just to reassure myself and clear the terrible cloud hanging over me.

• Like 1

Can you call him, just to set your mind at rest? I have never had a similar experience (though I have dreamed of loved ones in danger), but I have had friends who did.

• Like 1

I didn't call him because while we're friends, we aren't close friends, and I would've felt too silly.  Fortunately he put up a picture on Facebook yesterday and that eased my mind.  I'll see him in a few days and can tell him about it then, I suppose.  Perhaps that would be too unsettling for him to hear, though.

Edited by spacelover8126

I'd be a little alarmed if someone told me that they had dreamed of my death, so I wouldn't mention it if I were you. I often dream about my deceased parents, but that's probably a very common dream.

• Like 2

I didn't necessarily mean to tell him about it, but more just to know he is alive. His posting on Facebook took care of that, so the call was no longer necessary to ease your mind. 

• Like 1