For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Satellite, cable or DSL?

officegal

Satellite, cable or DSL?

Internet service seems to be as sought after as bread and butter these days. However, the quality and prices are as different as night and day. In the beginning, I went to the national phone company and I hooked up DSL. I had a great connection at an affordable price. However, my work-at-home job required me to have a little more speed, so I went to cable internet. To me the difference in speed between cable and DSL seemed the same. The price however, was a little more for cable. In addition to the price gouging, I had to sign a 12-month contract, which meant I was stuck with an internet service that in my opinion was no better than the previous provider.

When hubby and I moved 5 miles out into the county, we found that cable and DSL we’re no longer and option and we had to go with satellite. I’m here to tell you, I’ve never been so frustrated with any service in my life. Satellite internet stinks to put it mildly. First the cost of satellite internet ranges anywhere from $59.00-359.00 a month. That’s not joking matter. On top of this, it isn’t even as fast as DSL, or cable. As a matter of fact, some days I feel like I have a fast version of dialup. Now, to really express my disappointment of satellite internet service, they tell me I can’t even download (surf the internet) unlimited. Each package apparently has a limit and the more you surf the slower your connection becomes. Even if I were to get the $350.00 package, I still can’t get unlimited surfing. I could make my car payment and still have money left over after using the $350.00 a month package.

I will tell you this, the internet is what I do. It’s how I make my living and If it weren’t for hubby, I’d move right back to the city and get my cable hooked back up.

Satellite internet companies are taking advantage of us poor country folk and our lack of internet resources. I sincerely hope that some day the cable company or even the phone company puts a line in out here in corn county.