For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Rate IE8

krishna53

I have downloaded the latest Internet explorer 8 version.Although much user friendly and secure to use compared to previous IE versions,I am not happy about the way tabs are arranged. Have you used it.

I haven't had the time to download it as of yet. My internet connection is slow and taking the time to do it isn't on the top of my list right now.

What is it about the tabs that you don't like? Should I stick with what I have?

I downloaded it a couple of days ago and had a few problems with it shutting down with the DEP error message but then I also had that with IE7 until I disabled DEP in "tools" "advanced" and unticked the option to enable memory protection, so I have just done this again and, hopefully, all will be well now. I find it a little slow at times and tonight I had one blue screen shutting Windows completely. My PC is only 5 months old!

I have become a huge Firefox fan.  Changing internet browsers is just not something I should have to think about.  I had one.  I worked for a long time.  I got frustrated.  I heard of an alternative and tried it.  Now, I am hooked.  It is like choosing a long distance carrier.  I have always used AT&T.  It works, and they don't give me a reason to switch.  Internet Explorer became too annoying, which gave me a reason to find an alternative.

I hate it.  Yahoo recommended it and of course like the gullible old man that I am, I downloaded it.  I have had trouble ever since.  Signature lines run into the poster's space below it, it doesn't load correctly, it makes my computer run slower and well, let's just say-I don't like it and if I can go back while keeping all of my settings intact, I'm doing so.

• 1 month later...

I am not sure if I like it or not yet, I have only had it a few days. One thing I don't like is that when I go to a certain site that I like anytime I go to post something I get a compatibility view error and I don't know why. Other than that it is so so.

I have reverted back to IE7 and will stick with this for a while. I also use Firefox and Google Chrome but I need to keep IE as there are some applications that insist on it.

I downloaded IE8 and somehow it got deleted. I had to redownload it. It`s ok. It hasn`t slowed my PC down at all. It really doesn`t look much different from IE7. I also have Firefox because some sites I do require that browser for it to work.

• 2 months later...

I don't like the tabs, either. Some pages do load funny, and I'm hoping they fix that, but otherwise I'm really just having the same problems I had with IE7...so what got fixed? All I can tell is they added some new features that I haven't bothered to use yet.

• 3 weeks later...

IE8 is super slow on my computer.....especially when you try to load many tabs in the browser. The same process goes so smoothly in firefox & I don't see why I have to switch to IE8 when I have firefox & Chrome as 2 amazing options.