For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Frugal living...share your best tips here

LA

Many of us here at Paid Forum Posting are stay at home/work at home moms and dads so frequently being able to save money is a big part of making that work for your family. What are your best tips for living a frugal lifestyle?

I have discovered that I can save a lot of money over the course of a year by making my own household cleaners and laundry detergent. Most of our household cleaning is done with vinegar, baking soda, lemon juice, and tea tree oil. I am going to make our first batch of homemade dish washing liquid tomorrow.

• Like 2

I make my own laundry detergent, too!

Something else that saves us money, on the housekeeping front, is that we chose a rental house without a dishwasher. That was something new to us, but it knocked over $100 a month off our rent. It is well worth the small change in lifestyle.

Another great money saver we use is a media streaming device. For $100 or less, you can buy a device that allows you to stream all your favorite shows, eliminating the need for an expensive cable package. If you are not a sports fan, you can drop cable altogether! We subscribe to Hulu Plus and Netflix, for a fraction of the cost of even basic cable.

• Like 1

We don't have cable, either, but use Netflix and Redbox for choosing entertainment, and if we really like something, we'll buy the CD, once it gets to a reasonable price. 

• Like 1