For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Writing

zooted

I enjoy it.  In fact, i love it.  If anything, I'd love to be a screenwriter.  However I've still made little to no progress.  I'll have huge gaps where i don't write anything. My mind will be void of any desire to write.

I think a large part of it stems from depression.  It drains my energy and steals my creativity.  It's like writer's block but worse.  The other thing I've noticed, is that my motivation to work on screenwriting goes down when i don't spend time watching film.  In hindsight, this actually makes a lot of sense.

I'm really hoping that i sort these problems out, because life is so drab without writing some days.  Who knows, maybe landing this job could help me out too.

Any aspiring writers here find there to be a lot of mental blocks in their life. 

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Back in 1934, a writer by the name of Dorothea Brande published her book, Becoming a Writer. In it, she explained all the things that can get in the way of writers achieving their dreams... and everything she said is as true today as it was almost a hundred years ago.

Later, in 1936, she published another book, Wake Up and Live! The subtitle is "This Book Will Help You Reach Your Goals and Achieve Success," and--amazingly--it does exactly that.

The truth is, the only thing more difficult than writing is advanced chess. Not even regular chess is harder!

Both these books helped me a lot.

Maybe they'll help you some, too.

If you can, borrow them through inter-library loan, or buy them used through Amazon, and take good notes so as to help cement the principles in your mind. You'll come out the other side of that exercise a writer with your mind made up!

These are nice posts friends. I too love writing since a long time and I always enjoyed writing in my university examinations. I always got good grades due to my to-the-point and effective writing. I had a strong desire to write online but very low payment rates just always discouraged me. Sometimes one writes for a whole week and the websites just tell you that you have earned 11 cents, for example. This always discouraged me. Another possible way to make money writing is that you write e-books but I think the competition is very tough and you need an enormous amount of time to promote your e-books but still there is no guarantee that you will be able to sell them successfully. In e-book publishing, only the renowned writers and celebrities seem to succeed because those people are well known to so many people. Who will buy my book when I am not a famous writer? I am not saying that e-book writing is not a good business I am just suggesting that it is not an easy one. I do love writing because I love to see my words influencing people's minds. This particular website is famous for paying well to its writers that's why I am quite motivated to write for it. Forum posting interests me more than article writing or e-book writing because I love to interact with people online. So I love the live interaction that happens on forums and an added advantage in forum posting is that you learn and grow with time.

Writing is hard, but aspiring writers don't realize it until they are neck deep into it.

They complain about writer's block, having no desire to write, and burnout. I like to liken our job to a soldier's. Because writing takes physical and mental strength.

When I started writing, my writing enthusiasm was like a sine graph. I'd wake up charged with a bright idea. And then, I would launch into the writing. I later realized that I need to take it slow and utilize my zeal judiciously.

For aspiring writers, I would recommend they read books on the writer's life. Many think that they only need books on grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, etc. Next to reading books on the writer's life is forming a regular writing habit.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't like writing for an assignment. I get writers cramp and I'm not the best at it. Hell...I failed my advanced English class in high school because I sucked at writing 5 page essays all of the time. It just wasn't for me. Now what I do enjoy is writing flirtatious notes to women. On Facebook I would write perverted messages to my wife. 

2 years ago, I was battling with intense sadness and writing became my source of comfort. I am not a very expressive kind of person and as much as I can conceal my feelings I will do it. However, holding all your worries just to yourself will make you more problematic. Thus, I found a friend in writing. I write everything that happened to me or my unsaid feelings and sufferings and after that I felt good. For 2 years I am doing this coupled with travels and good friends, I started to go back to my original well-being. 

I am happy now and writing has become one of the reasons why I am.