For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

TV Series' Possible Cancellation

Ritchelle

Have you loved a television series so much that then you learn it might get cancelled you find yourself with your mouth hanging open? Lately I’ve been noticing new shows on cable that is all about doctors. Chicago Med and Code Black are two of the shows I never fail to watch. I’ve never been a fan of medical shows. However, I love Code Black more. The script is nice, the way they show scenes, camera angles and all, plus you feel that each scene is not dragging is genius. However, I learned that the studio is still thinking about bringing it back for its third season. I go like, “What! That is this generation’s medical show.” Seems like the quest is on once again for a good TV series.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Code Black too! It is fast-paced and realistic. It shows just how vulnerable some doctors are when dealing with nutty patients or patients with deadly diseases. And who cannot resist Rob Lowe?

• 1 month later...

I really got into the series "Breaking Bad".  I guess the reason is that I live in New Mexico (where it was set).  Just about the time it really got interesting, they killed the main character!  I was really disappointed.  Now they have a prequel to "Breaking Bad" called "Better Call Saul".  In this story line, they are getting very close to catching up to the other story line.  I wonder what will happen when the two story lines finally meet!  Can't wait to see how the network handles this.  I'll be back here to let you know.

One of the most well written shows I had ever been truly interested in was Hannibal. That show was fascinatingly beautiful. The script was constantly mind-blowing and the film style was perfection. It honestly still astounds me that it was cancelled after its third volume. What goes through the minds of networks when they go to axe an overwhelmingly spectacular piece of literary art? Honestly, for a show that graphic, they did surprisingly well in terms of viewer interest and overall hits with popularity.

I apologize. I get extremely fired up when this topic arises, as I am a passionate member of the modern media-oriented culture.

• Like 1

Cancellations in recent years haven't been too surprising for me. In most cases shows seem to get cut immediately or at least get an exit plan which makes it easier to swallow.

At the end of this current season, I was more surprised about a show that was not canceled even though it's losing most of its main cast.

I'm still frustrated that Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman was canceled in 1997. From what I've read, ABC planned to have a fifth season and the finale of season four was supposed to end with "To be continued...." Once the series was canceled, of course, this didn't happen, and it just ended by dropping a baby into Lois and Clark's apartment. That's not annoying at all.

• 3 weeks later...

I did, it happened to only one so far. It was "Person of Interest". Amazing sci-fi/action/drama. The idea of the show is unique, and the music and actors are amazing also. It was airing for 4 seasons, and lost all popularity after the 4th season which is sad. They had to cancel it and finish on the 5th season. They have been delaying the final season for almost two years. I got so mad then. But they managed in the end to finish the show like it was meant to be finished so I was happy because of that.

I used to love watching Hannibal, I hate that is was canceled it was more of a beginning than an end for me because the ending was left unresolved and it really had no explanation for some of the things that happened during the show, I am still really confused, but I'm hoping that someone will bring the show back to life.

Crazy Ex Girlfriend was the show I experienced this with. I love the writing, the cinematography, the character representation, but the reality is that there's just not much of a market for a comedy-musical primarily starring women. I was preparing myself for the worst, and was pleasantly surprised when it was renewed for another season. I just hope the quality can remain consistent.