Sign in to follow this  
Lynn

How To Apply To Be A Writer

Lynn

Thank you for your interest in PFP! Please read the rules below in their entirety before proceeding. Please note: applicants will be rejected for failure to follow these instructions.

Writer Application

• All writers are required to be at least 18 years of age, and there are no exceptions to this rule.

• Sign-up for an account on the forums with a unique username you have not used anywhere else as a profile name, Twitter handle, etc.

• Visit the Applicant Posting Area area

• Create only 7 unique posts.

• Each post must be at least 25 words in length. 

• Once complete, let us know by posting in the  "Hit My 7th" pinned thread located at the top of the Applicant Posting Area. This will be your 8th and final post. Please post in the appropriate thread and do not create a new one. Once you have notified us that you have completed your test posts, please do not continue posting as this will result in a rejected application.

PFP Admin strongly suggests using a PC to complete the application process. In our experience, members who use mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, etc) tend to have more typos and errors than applicants who use a PC.

After you have submitted your 7 posts, they will be carefully reviewed to see if we feel that you will be a good asset to our team. Afterward, we will notify you of our decision via PM. We realize that we have a lot of fun topics to post on; however, please do not create more than 7 posts total, unless specifically requested to do so. 

Forum Rules

• Do not advertise or post links to outside businesses
  • No foul language
  • No "text speak" or overusing emoticons 
  • No objectionable topics such a drugs, illegal activities, sexual content, terrorism
  • Post only original content. Plagiarism will automatically disqualify you from employment.
  • Do not be rude to other applicants or PFP staff members

We base our decision on:

• Your ability to follow the instructions we have provided above.
  • Grammar and spelling (this includes punctuation and proper sentence structure).
  • Content (Your posts should be informative, on topic and add to the discussion. Simple “I agree” posts are not what we are looking for.)
  • Proper English usage.
  • How well you proofread your posts before submitting.

Our decision is not limited to the above. There may be other factors involved as we vet all writers on an individual basis. For instance, if English is your second language, you are welcome to apply, as we pride ourselves on being an international company with writers from all over the world. However, proper English is a *must* for this job.

Review Process:

We review applicants Monday-Friday (EST business hours). Please be patient after submitting your posts, most times we review over a dozen applicants at once. Please allow up to 3 business days for a reply. Weekends and US national holidays, however, may take longer for us to get back with you. If you have not heard back from us in that time, you may shoot us a PM, and we will respond immediately. We apologize in advance for any delays.

Frequently Asked Questions:

1. What is the point of this forum? Do clients actually pay for this?

This forum is called the Applicant Posting Area. The point of this forum is to get a feel for each member's writing ability, writing style, and content. It is also a way for us to see if a member can follow directions and interact positively with other forum posters. The posts you make in this area are used for the sole purpose of vetting you to be a writer here at PFP. None of the posts made in this area are used on client sites, or used for any other purpose. Client's pay us for a variety of projects including forum posting, blog commenting, social media commenting, article writing, and e-book editing. Each project is unique and requires content that is created specifically with the client needs in mind. We never recycle or copy and paste content!

2. Does it matter what I write about?

Your posts are only used as part of your PFP writer application, so the topics you write about are entirely up to you. We ask that you refrain from posting about overly controversial topics, and you absolutely cannot advertise or link to other sites or businesses. Anyone who posts advertisements or links to other businesses will be banned from our site.

3. This was so much fun, I just want to keep posting! Is that OK?

While we recognize that it can be a lot of fun to make your trial posts here, our rules are very specific about only making 7 posts in the Applicant Posting Area. At PFP, your ability to follow directions is as important as your ability to write and applicants will be rejected for failure to follow directions.

4. PFP seems to be much more strict about grammar, spelling, and punctuation than other companies. Why is that?

Our clients hire us for the highest quality English content and that means our writers must be masters of the English language. If English is not your first language, it is essential that you can write like it is because that is what our clients expect.

5. I am really nervous! How can I make a good impression?

The best way to make a good impression is to follow all directions, proof your work carefully, and most importantly, be yourself! If you have a casual writing style, use it! Trying to sound overly academic will not give you an advantage over another writer, especially if you do not usually write that way. For example, we have clients who manage a variety of forums and blogs with topics that range from health and wellness, parenting, online gaming, web hosting and programming, and music and entertainment. Your ability to blend in on a client site and post convincingly on the topics at hand is a must. Each member brings their own unique style and talent to our team, and that is what sets PFP apart from the competition.

6. I was rejected, but I don't know exactly why. How can I find out the specific reason(s)?

At the request of the applicant, we are always happy to provide a list of what the vetting team noted within your test posts. Please reply to the admin or mod who sent you the initial response and they will get back to you with more detailed information.

7.  I was rejected, but I see other people posting here who aren't so great. What gives?

As mentioned above, this area is used ONLY for the purpose of applying to be a writer here. PFP staff do not post or interact in this section in any way, so all the posts you see in the applicant posting area were made by applicants, and not everyone who has posted in this area was offered a position with us. Each applicant is vetted in the same manner and through the same process.

8. How do I apply to be a writer for the other services PFP offers, such as resume writing and virtual assistance?

The application process at PFP begins with forum test posts. If you are accepted as a poster, you will be welcome to apply internally to the other facets of the company.

9. Can I use a VPN to make my test posts?

While we appreciate the desire to remain anonymous and we sometimes need writers to use VPNs on certain projects, we do not allow VPN test posts and using a VPN for these posts will automatically disqualify you from working for PFP. We are a company with a very strict confidentiality policy that protects both clients and writers and this is a job application with us, so transparency when applying is necessary. We appreciate your understanding.

Thank you for your interest in PFP. We look forward to working with you!

Edited by Lynn
  • Like 1