For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Mental Health

Graeven

There's alot of people out there who feel alone, or ashamed of being depressed or having anxiety! I say don't be! Your not alone and there's alot of people exactly like you. Love yourself

This is a topic that hits close to home.  I think mental health has such a negative stigma attached to it for no reason.  Its not a sign of weakness, but an illness like any other disease.  There needs to be more education on mental health and more facilities capable of dealing with mental health issues.

• 2 months later...

I have struggled for my whole life with ADD and anxiety. I wasn't diagnosed until I was 19 because I was so scared that they would tell me I was crazy. Growing up with this illness was extremely difficult, but I refused to speak up about my problems because I just wanted to be "normal". School was the hardest thing to deal with; ADD made everything ten times harder for me than the others which lead me to believe that I was stupid. When I got to high school, I just gave up completely on school. I dropped out at the age of 16, and I truly believe that if I had been on medication to help with the ADD and anxiety I would have been amazing in school. 

I just wish that parents would pay more attention to the warning signs of mental illnesses, and encourage their children to speak up if they feel like there is something different about them .  

• 2 weeks later...

Mental health is rarely focused on until it is severe. Most people facing stress in their mind are often misunderstood and are considered deviant.

Since my job requires me to deal with different groups if people, I learned to observe how people behave. I noticed that people facing mental stress can functional as well. Hence, by mere observation, it may be difficult to identify who's suffering and who's not.