For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Music: Impossible to hate

Kynthia

What kind of music do you listen to on a regular basis? Have you seen your favorite musician/band in concert? What's the most embarrassing album in your collection?

If I'm in my car, my rock USB drive is playing. While I'm at work, I take breaks to watch Avett Brothers videos on YouTube. 

I've seen the Avett Brothers somewhere around five times in the last few years, and various rock artists (Breaking Benjamin, Staind, Seether, Three Days Grace, Starset) at festivals.

Albums don't technically exist in the same way as when I was a younger, but the weirdest thing on my music drives is some Taylor Swift. No hate toward Taylor, it just doesn't fit into my typical genres.

I agree with the topic Musics are impossible to hate , I used to think that Classic and slow musics were the most boring kind of musics on earth untill I heared this song " All the way " by celine Dion, It connected me soo much that I agree, Music is my friend, my best friend and my refuge when I feel streessed,

my Favorites are soft rock Musics the bliss by volbeat, ... but it also depend on mood Sometimes I want to switchto hip hop.

John Denver's music was impossible to hate.

I can remember my folks listening to John Denver albums when I was a kid.  They'd play his music all afternoon on many summer days.  Every song the guy wrote and played was a great song.  Whenever I hear one of his songs, I am flooded with memories of those summer days with my mom and dad.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually listen to rock/metal music. But I try not to be limited by genre. Of course, you can't love everything, so there is stuff that I like, and stuff that I don't like that much. That goes for every genre I listen to, not just the ones I listen to less. I saw my favorite band live, it was amazing. More of them actually, since I don't have only one favorite band. But concerts are full of energy, being in a crowd is just perfect.

Oh, my I love all kinds of music especially old school r&b music, I love to get on youtube and turn my speakers up and jam away, although I really don't have a favorite music band I have been to an old school concert before it was so much fun.

While i don't have a broad range of musical interests i have to say some of the genres i listen to are quite different from each other. My favorite genre is definitely heavy metal but i am a big fan of  techno and instrumental rock as well. I guess each genre fits my mood in a specif time of my life. When my rhythm of  life is a bit more chaotic i might stick to metal but when it slows down i might switch to instrumental and progressive.

• 2 months later...

I hate to sound cliche but I'll listen to anything that sounds good. From pop to rock to reggae, if it sounds good, I'll rock out to it. For the sake of answering the question, I listen mainly to pop on a regular basis: Taylor Swift, Five Seconds of Summer (though they're more of punk-pop) and Ed Sheeran. It depends mainly on my mood though. While working out, i'll listen to rap and rock while I listen to pop and reggae on long car rides.  

Instrumental classical and 80's pop/rock music are the 2 broad genres of music that I find myself choosing to listen to the most. Case in point, I currently have Spotify on as I type this with the "Audiophile Classical" playlist playing.

I've seen French keyboard wizard and grandfather of synth electronica music that has influenced a generation, Jean Michel Jarre in concert twice when I was living in England. Once in a semi-outdoor setting at the original Wembly Stadium in the early 1990's before they rebuilt it. A few years later I saw Jarre again at Wembly Arena, this time an indoor venue which at the time was unusual for him, as all of his previous gigs were outdoor affairs with accompanying fireworks, laser image projections onto tall buildings and audiences many times larger than a typical indoor sports or music arena would hold. Even though the 2 concerts I attended were much whittled down in terms of scale and spectacle, they were nonetheless still visual as well as musical experiences to remember for a lifetime.

The Spice Girls debut album "Spice" from the 90's could be said to be one of the most embarrassing albums that I have in my collection, although to be honest, I'm happy to admit to owning any album without shame if I happen to like the music contained on it! I just happened to like all the singles that the Spice Girls released off of that album. I'll just admit that I like cheesy catchy tunes, whether that be well crafted pop like Madonna's "True Blue" album, or a more technically refined yet still catchy collection of lines in a piece of classical such as Shostakovich's 5th Symphony. 

Rock and most types of Metal does it for me. I usually just put my favourite ever growing 1000+ song playlist on shuffle and let it go. Some pop on occation like Imagine Dragons "Thunder" gives me goosebumps though. Discover mode is the best, that's when my playlist ends and it starts playing random songs from other bands not on the list. Yesterday was a big hit, every song played/suggested was so good I added them all. B)

• 1 month later...

I generally listen to R&B, soul and jazz, however,  my music collection is quite varied and you can find a section of classical, opera, pop etc. amongst it. I speak Italian and some French so I also have in my collection French and Italian music. I like to choose what I listen to according to how I'm feeling at any particular moment.