For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Healthy food...Healthy life style

Shokhrukh

There are a lot of people who really want to live a healthy life and eat healthy food, but they do not follow healthy food diet on a constant basis or if they do only for short period. What do you think is it a temptation of different types of sweet cakes or drinks are causing this unstability? And how it can be controlled?

Guilty as charged. I am having a lot of trouble making myself to eat healthier. First, it takes me a lot of time to make myself do it, and when I start eating healthy, and keep a journal for my meals, it lasts for a month or so. And I know what my problem is, so it will take me some time to beat it down. I simply enjoy food. A lot. It surely is my temptation, but whatever. Some people smoke, some drink, I eat. All the jokes aside, it's all in the head. You just simply have to tell yourself "enough is enough" if you want to make changes. That's all.

I'm also finding it very hard to stick to some healthy eating habits mainly because of my kids, they are very picky eaters, but I know that the older I get it is very important for me to select a healthy eating lifestyle. I must admit I do have an obsession with food especially my cooking and family enjoys my cooking too, and it makes it hard for me to change my cooking styles and prepare healthier foods, but I'm really going to give it a better try. 

It's quite hard to stick to a healthy diet nowadays, mainly because we have a huge offer of low quality, cheap, and tasty food. Also healthy food is expensive and usually, time consuming to prepare. With our chaotic routines it's much more convenient to stick to low quality food. What worked for me in the past, is associating healthy feeding habits with other healthy habits like exercising and getting enough sleep. For instance: You're much less likely to jeopardize your work out eating poor quality food if you're serious about it and so on

In recent years I've noticed an increasing trend of unhealthy eating being viewed as an addiction rather than a lifestyle choice. So many studies and documentaries now are stating that sugar rewires the brain, that it acts on the brain like a drug, that over-eaters go through actual withdrawal when they attempt to diet. Just recently I read an article about gut bacteria, and how our diet allows certain bacteria to thrive while other strands die out, and that those bacteria then have a vested interest in your diet remaining the same. It seems like there might be more factors at play here than we realize. 

• 8 months later...

As a practitioner of healthy eating for over two years, I have found that YOU HAVE TO DETOX OFTEN.

It doesn't matter what you add or remove in your diet (I recommend removing ALL MEAT/ANIMAL BASED PRODUCTS because it's the #1 cause for mucus, I should know; main reason SICKNESS LINGERS)...

Detoxing regularly decreases the chance of mucus and BAD BACTERIA build up in the overall system.

Because we are made up of 75%-85% water, why are we not drinking 75%-85% water daily?

What are your thoughts of support or opposition?

When I was younger, I could eat all day and feel fine. I could lose weight at the drop of a dime! 

My biggest mistake has been not realizing that I am no longer a spring chicken. Doing little exercise does not have the same results it did when I was still in high school. As you grow older, your regimen must also grow with you. As Albert Einstein once said " Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." 

I agree with WordSpeak 7, I have been vegetarian for years now and have pretty much cut milk from my diet too.  

For the past 4 months I have been on a strict 'no sugar' diet in a bid to lose weight and just to feel healthier and I think the main problem I have found is that there just isn't anything that I have found that can replace my mid afternoon snack.  I have tried snacking on fruit and nuts, but it just doesn't satisfy me in the same way that a couple of biscuits or a cake would.

Funnily enough though, since cutting out a lot of sugary foods and drinks, although I have craved something sweet, when I have allowed myself a 'treat' it hasn't tasted the same, nor been very enjoyable so maybe it is possible to train yourself not to want 'naughty' foods in the first place?

I was a member of Weight Watchers several times and while I was able to change some habits and lose weight, it didn't stick. When I moved in with my boyfriend, I found it was really hard to control what I ate since he brought a lot of unhealthy foods into the house. It was much easier to follow the diet when I lived alone.

Also, as JayRob2212 says many of us are no longer spring chickens and metabolism changes make weight loss so much more difficult now.