For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Using a dictionary is always difficult for me

harry_hawkeye

Whenever I pick up the dictionary to look up the meaning of a word, I always find myself distracted by other words and their meanings. As I try to find the word whose meaning I wish to know, I will keep noticing other words I find interesting. Before I know it, I will have spent most of my time looking at the meaning of words other than the one I planned to look up. While it is fun to read the meaning of words that I don't know, using the dictionary usually take up more of my time than I planned to.

I think that the solution for your problem might be just searching for the word online. That way you simply open the page that is relevant to you and there's less of a chance to get distracted. Of course, you can start browsing the site and clicking away, but it's not necessary to look at anything else like it is necessary to read quite a few words in a dictionary before you find the right one.

I also tend to get distracted easily, but I just keep trying to find ways to find out what I need to know that offer less distractions. I do it to save my time and energy because my distractions often lead me to something completely different from what I was looking for and that makes it hard to finish a project, for example.