For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

How can you sell your stuff online?

DemandaG

Since my boyfriend and I moved in together, I have become claustrophobic!  Not because of him, but because of the insane amount of furniture we both have in our new home.  We have 2 large entertainment centers, 4 dining room table sets, coffee/side tables galore, even extra flat screen TVs and computers!  Both of our things are in great condition, too.  So, how can I get rid of some of our things without getting completely ripped off, like selling items for quarters at a garage sell.  I've tried 5Mile, LetGo, OfferUp, NextDoor, and, of course, Facebook Marketplace.  These sites are all fine, but it takes forever to post then negotiate with a buyer on each app. Safety is always a concern meeting random people or bringing them into your home, as well. Plus, most of the time, people stop responding right when you thought you had made the sell!  It's annoying!  Is there a furniture consignment place who will come pick up all the items we want to sell, and deal with the rest?  Profits could be split 50/50. Any ideas?

Have you checked to see if there are any existing businesses in your area that already cater to this kind of sale?  The internet has revolutionized a lot of things, but selling large objects is still going to be easier in a potentially physical space.  Yard sales, local flea markets, consignment shops, wholesalers and that type of thing might be an idea on top of the sites you're listing.  A lot depends on where you are and what you want for the items you describe.  If you just want them gone, then freecycle (if that's still up and running) or donation might be a better route if the items have lost a lot of value since leaving the store.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2017 at 11:45 PM, DemandaG said:

Since my boyfriend and I moved in together, I have become claustrophobic!  Not because of him, but because of the insane amount of furniture we both have in our new home.  We have 2 large entertainment centers, 4 dining room table sets, coffee/side tables galore, even extra flat screen TVs and computers!  Both of our things are in great condition, too.  So, how can I get rid of some of our things without getting completely ripped off, like selling items for quarters at a garage sell.  I've tried 5Mile, LetGo, OfferUp, NextDoor, and, of course, Facebook Marketplace.  These sites are all fine, but it takes forever to post then negotiate with a buyer on each app. Safety is always a concern meeting random people or bringing them into your home, as well. Plus, most of the time, people stop responding right when you thought you had made the sell!  It's annoying!  Is there a furniture consignment place who will come pick up all the items we want to sell, and deal with the rest?  Profits could be split 50/50. Any ideas?

Both eBay and CraigsList have "local" services. Go to Google and type in "eBay near zipcode" or "CraigsList near zipcode" and see what turns up. Take pictures of every item you want to sell so they're ready to upload when you're ready to place your ads. As far as how much you can reasonably expect to get for your items, I'd recommend checking to see what similar items in similar condition are going for on eBay and CraigsList. This will give you a fairly good idea as to what people in the market for these items are willing to pay for them.

Amazon has some inexpensive e-books on how to sell stuff on eBay and CraigsList that are full of useful tips on how to save more time--and make more money--selling your stuff on these sites.

Good Luck!