For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

How to control anger?

vrimee2014

All of us will get angry on many occasions, shout at our spouse or kids and regret it later. When I am angry with my spouse, I don't argue with him immediately. But I will scold him like anything as soon as he leaves the scene :). This will reduce my anger a lot and helps me to avoid a fight with my spouse. Have you tried anything like this? Please share your tips on controlling the anger.

When I get angry, I just close my eyes and count up to ten slowly. It really helps me to control my anger. Sometimes I just go to the washroom and just wash my face when I am furious. This helps me to cool down and distracts me for a while. If that doesn't work, there is one more thing you can do. It is proved to be my the most effective way to control your anger. Go outside and get some fresh air. Once when I was in high school I did take an anger management class and it was suggested by the teacher as well. Anger management may seem hard at first but with time, you will be able to manage it well.

When angry, I usually take some deep breaths, it helps you cool down very fast, if it doesn't work, I try to find an excuse and get away from the scene, go to the nearest bathroom and proceed to slap some water onto my face, cursing the other party help a lot too, then when I came home I will stick a photo of the one who made me angry on a sand bag and beat it until I feel better.

• 2 weeks later...

Controlling anger is an interesting concept in itself.  Some studies have shown an aggressive act to supposedly release your anger, like a scream, or a punch to a pillow, will be more likely to increase your anger level.  Other studies have shown these same acts can stimulate creativity in other areas of your brain.  Imagine what you want your end result to be when you’re angry.  In an attempted moment of clarity during an anger spell, ask yourself, “Do I want to relish in my anger longer?  Calm down and cool off?  Or keep my level of energy the anger gives me, but redirected at something less stressful?”  If you want to potentially destroy something of value, you can relish in your anger.  But your safest bet is to redirect your energies, giving yourself time to either fully engage your energy into something productive, or to cool down completely.  Something as simple as popping in a piece of gum, or grabbing a bottle of water and slowly drinking the whole thing, or looking at a funny picture, will make a drastic change in your state of mind. B)