For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Thrift Store vs Name Brand Stores

Danete Compton

If you had very little money and had to choose between going to name brand store and going to the thrift store, remember that you can also get name brand clothing at the thrift store for very little cost.  Even tho you may want brand new clothing sometimes you budget may not allow it.  I have recently found out that I would rather go to the thrift store and have enough money for all my bills vs going to a name brand store and getting behind on my bills. Which would you choose?

I'm a huge fan of thrift stores, but I also love discount stores and sale racks. I'll occasionally stop into a department store and check the clearance racks. Some stores will even call you when a certain brand goes on sale if you ask an associate to take down your number. Discount stores are probably my number one place for buying clothes--most of the things there are only discounted because they are last season's colors. Since I don't really care whether my clothes are from this season or the last one, this is a huge money saver for me! But nothing can replace shopping at a thrift store. I look for the thrift stores that are connected to a local charity because I know I can find good clothes in good condition at a low price and help people in my community.

I like thrift stores also cause most of their clothes are very nice and in very good condition there's also another discount that I like to shop at and it's called  Fallas Parallas and they have awesome  clothes in there I love going in there in the summer time they have really nice shoes, shirts, blouses they have all kinds of men's clothing baby clothing shoes for baby's  and men it's a small store with a lot of variety

I am wholeheartedly in agreement with your view on going to thrift stores and having more money left over for bills or other luxuries.  Sometimes the quality may not be as good, but even buying two pairs of pants at a thrift store will still save you well over half the cost of one pair at a department store.  But for people that can mend things easily, that one pair can last you just as long as the best quality clothing.