For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Confederate Controversy: what do you think?

Mal

The removal of Confederate statues from government-owned properties is a hot and controversial topic these days. Do you think they should be taking down or left? Why? 

I am all for them being taken down, but conditionally. I think parks and museums about the Civil War should keep their statues. It's an important part of our history. It shouldn't be erased. Those who forget history have a terrible tendency to repeat it. I'm also not very fond of destroying art. However, I understand why people would want them taken down. I think that's totally fine in other places than the aforementioned ones. I do believe that it should be done through the proper avenues. People should not take it upon themselves to destroy them, as was done in Durham, NC, but go through the process legally. 

What are your thoughts? 

• 3 weeks later...

The actual civil war happened a long time ago. You'd think people would move on. But I don't think the civil war really ended because it was a war about slavery and racism. Sure the confederates were beaten but there are people here in the USA today that are have racist views like the KKK, BLM ( Black Lives Matter) and the Black Panthers. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we had another all out civil war based on racism in America. It's terrible. Other than abolishing slaver I think we can agree that the civil war didn't solve anything.